St. Paul Military show April 18-19

gregM

It's time again for the big spring show in St.Paul.
I'm going to try to make it down on Saturday.

Hi Alan,
The best part of the show is seeing old and new friends that I usually
only talk to by PM and email.

I am not buying anything except maybe a hotdog but for me it's worth
the trip just to come look around and say HI.

anyway-- I look forward to seeing you (and everyone else) there.

G.

Oh............... James thats what you said last fall too.
You left me to buy all the good stuff.
Hope to see you there.
:D :D
Jerry R.

dpeng Jerry, James, Alan: Hope to see you at the st. paul show, will be bringing my"lastest purchase" to show. No its not artillery, I've branched out to Tschakos!! Dick

I spent a few hours at the show on Saturday. It seemed to have
fewer dealers this year but there was a lot of walk in traffic. Maybe
the good weather had something to do with that.

All but maybe a half dozen of the pickelhauben at the show belonged
to forum members. Jerry and Allen it was great to see you guys
again. :D I really enjoy being able to actually see and touch some
nice helmets. (sure beats just looking at pictures on the computor)

Jerry, I ment to get back over to your table before I left but my wife
was pretty insistant on going to the antique show.

No money was spent but a good time was had.

Greg

Greg;
OK I understand your leaving without a g-by.
I wonder what SLIMS excuse was for being
AWOL?
Great show got a dandy PB 27 em helmet.
:D :D
Jerry R.

I literaly know where every spike helmet resides in the state of Minnesota :D :D

Some day I will tell you, hope you got a good price, would love to see photo's.

James

:D James; We missed you!! Jerry had to buy all the good stuff!! Was hoping to see you and show you my new acquisition: Imperial Marine Tschako with original field badge and parade bush!! Maybe next time!! It was a good show, I enjoyed talking with everybody! Dick

Dick- sorry to have missed all of you.

A Imperial Marine Shako with plume is a very, very rare pice indeed, would love to see pictures.

You and Jerry no longer have an excuse, get a camera, and take pictures. I am sure there are kids in the neighborhood that could teach Jerry how :D

Hey Jerry, Greg, Dick, & Bob,

It was great to see you guys again. And James, we did miss seeing you.

Dick's awesome shako was fun to see! Thanks for the privelage of letting me handle it!!!

Jerry had 4-very nice helmets at the show, 3-of which were available for purchase. They are: Bavarian e.m. in brass nicely unit marked, Wurttemburg e.m. in brass, and an excellent Prussian tin ersatz in brass. Each of them would be a fine addition to anyones collection. He scored the nicely unit marked Prussian e.m. Pioneer helmet complete w/the rare chinstrap. Sounds like he's going to hang on to it for now.

One dealer from Montana had a very nice Wurttemburg M-15 priced at $750. Chinstrap & cockardes were presentable replacements. A 2nd Guard Prussian Uhlan e.m. in good shape (except for the odd & incorrect wire fangschnur hook on it) was offered for $2,500.00 by another dealer.

I set up my usual display of assorted helmets, my W.W. 1 E.K. 2 collection, plus an identified U.S. Balloon Observer 2nd Lt.'s uniform, and an identified American Ambulance Service in Italy uniform; both of them ID'd Iowa boys.

The show is always a lot of fun, with all the regional collectors that attend. Unfortunately next fall's show date will clash w/the MAX Show in Pittsburg for the first time ever. Bummer!

Jerry wanted me to post some pics for everyone to see. My "antique" 35mm camera must have gotten some bad film, as the shot of Jerry & his helmets has a streak on it. Sorry for that!

Back