Superb Saxon IR Nr.106 One year volunteer Waffenrock

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Superb Kgl. Sächs. 7. Infanterie-Regt. König Georg Nr.106 (Leipzig) XIX Armee Korps Eigetumsstück (private purchased) M1896 Waffenrock for a Einjährig-Freiwilliger (One year volunteer). This can be displayed by itself, with an issued or private-purchase Saxon Pickelhaube, or with a Saxon Schirmmütze. This is an absolutely beautiful Waffenrock from a very desirable Regiment with as desirable one-Year-Volunteer straps.

Description:
The Waffenrock is an extremely high quality Dunkelblau doe-skin wool with black silk lining. Top of the collar and cuffs are correctly piped in blue. The cyphers on the privately-purchased shoulders straps are flat sewn cord with a crown cut from fine felt and separately sewn on with hand-embroidered details. Note the squared top unique to Sachsen shoulder straps. The straps are surrounded by very nice, fat, one-year volunteer piping. The straight rear skirt pattern is unique to Saxony with four buttons only worn on Sachsen Waffenrock. One button is missing but I have a pile of them and will include one with the Waffenrock. The inside neck has a very rare feature: an owners tag from the tailor shop dated 1914 and marked to IR106.

Condition:
There is some very light moth tracking on the front around the 1st and second buttons from the top, but it never bothered me. There is one tiny 5mm hole on the right from fly on the bottom. Sleeves and back are near perfect. The black silk lining is almost perfect except for some slight rubbing where the lining meets the sleeve from wear, but very minor. The one of the three collar hooks is missing but I never even noticed until now. I also just noticed a small patch to the inside top which is covered by the buttons being done up. Expertly done and same material, so I believe it is period.

I am selling this for the $500 USD that I paid years ago.I would prefer a money order but will accept Paypal with 4%. Postage will be around $25 to the US or Canada.

Full size photos are here >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/IR106/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any more questions or photos etc please PM me. Tony http://www.kaisersbunker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IR016_1t.jpg

IR106_2t.jpg

IR106_3t.jpg

IR106_4t.jpg

IR106_5t.jpg

IR106_6t.jpg

IR106_7t.jpg

IR106_8t.jpg

Back