Survey

SkipperJohn

Has anyone else noticed that photobucket is now asking to complete a survey when you log on? They are asking questions about how well you like the service and how likely you would be to recommend them.

I didn't take the survey. Most of the words I would use to describe their service would not be found in a dictionary!

John :x

John,
I haven't logged into Photobucket, and honestly my problem with the company is really on how poorly it performed PRIOR to the change of business model.

But many companies today have such surveys. It is common with cable TV providers, phone companies, etc. In fact, in the business world companies that have a problem with customer service typically are the ones that do offer these surveys as a way of improving their respective problems, and more importantly addressing what might be driving companies away.

I understand the universal anger with Photoshop, but having considered this from a business perspective I can't say Photobucket's strategy is actually a bad one. If anything the company handled it as badly as they could, but the pricing strategy makes sense to me. I could explain in detail - and whenever I've said this I hear "I'm not paying $400 to host photos" to which I agree with Photobucket, find someone else then. Their business model didn't work, the ad revenue wasn't supporting the company and as more and more people like to take pictures of literally everything the company would likely simply go out of business and we'd be exactly where we are now.

Personally, I guess if you are still using the service I'd say take the survey so you can voice your complaints.

Just my two cents.
Peter

Peter_Suciu said:
John,
I haven't logged into Photobucket, and honestly my problem with the company is really on how poorly it performed PRIOR to the change of business model.

But many companies today have such surveys. It is common with cable TV providers, phone companies, etc. In fact, in the business world companies that have a problem with customer service typically are the ones that do offer these surveys as a way of improving their respective problems, and more importantly addressing what might be driving companies away.

I understand the universal anger with Photoshop, but having considered this from a business perspective I can't say Photobucket's strategy is actually a bad one. If anything the company handled it as badly as they could, but the pricing strategy makes sense to me. I could explain in detail - and whenever I've said this I hear "I'm not paying $400 to host photos" to which I agree with Photobucket, find someone else then. Their business model didn't work, the ad revenue wasn't supporting the company and as more and more people like to take pictures of literally everything the company would likely simply go out of business and we'd be exactly where we are now.

Personally, I guess if you are still using the service I'd say take the survey so you can voice your complaints.

Just my two cents.
Peter

I no longer use the service photobucket has to offer. I simply had several photos there for use in this forum. Photobucket was always a pain to use; slow, pop-ups, thousands upon thousands of ads, etc, so when they discontinued supporting 3rd party forums I shifted to picorator. I then tried to download my photos from photobucket back to my computer (they are, after all, MINE) they held me for ransom. I can download three or four at a time, but then photobucket locks up.
I do not mind paying for a service, but I do mind being blindsided, after the fact.
Photobucket's problem was, and is, much worse than just a poor business model.
It's more like a poor business ethic.

John [-X

I've always been able to work with PB (yes they are slow and the pop ups a pain), but I figured I better find another site as sooner or later my photos will go west. I'll tried the sites recommend by members here without any luck. Usually resulting in a failure to establish an account. There have a few postings of late that I would have responded to wth photos, but I have simply stopped posting them for a while. I hope to be able to post some in the future, but just haven't had the time to work on it.

I have switched to SmugMug. John you mentioned sizing issues on picorator. SM gets you to choose your size before transferring to the forum. It is done automatically. Pbkt service did suck and is certainly not worth $400 a year even on a good day. i am not bothering to move my pics from Pbkt. They can keep them. Naturally I have everything on my computer.

Has anyone else who uses Picorator notice that is has crapped out already?

Gustaf said:

Yes. I just tried to use it tonight and noticed that the IT people have been busy. Their new format has rendered it useless. I have sent them a message requesting that it be fixed. If that doesn't happen I will have to go on a search once again.

Along similar lines, my work mandated a change to Microsoft 2016. I loaded it, as I was ordered to do, and now nothing works. I have a split screen, can't make the projector work with PowerPoint, etc. This digital world is making me nuts.
I want:
A car with a carburetor
A rotary dial telephone
A TV with rabbit ears and free channels
A light I can turn on with a switch instead of a remote I can't find
A business phone number with a real, live person on the other end
A meal cooked on a stove not 'nuked' for 1 minute, "press here to add 30 seconds"
A grocery clerk who can give me correct change for a $9.00 bill if I give her a 10, WITHOUT the assistance of a computer

What the hell happened?????

John ](*,)

Hey John,
I just gave up my rotary phone as all I got on the land line was solicitors. The only vehicles I have without carburetors are Diesel, we never got myc for free TV, but there is one channel that still comes in from time to time that is analog. All our light have switches or they have a wick. We have a propane stove, I am always happy in the winter when we loose power as a double batch of chocolate cookies will keep the house warm for a day. As far as the clerks and people on the other end of the phone, I am in the same boat as you.

Yes, I totally agree Gents, as I gave up my landline 3 yrs ago for the same reason as Gus ditched his. At least on the cell, I don't get those telemarketers! As far as the cashiers go....years ago my first exwife advised me that my first son wouldn't have to know Math because he would have a calculator to do it for him. Unfortunately, on my part although a certified Math dummy (sorry politically incorrect) I still manage to do the basics in my head when buying wine and groceries. I have a very bad habit of using change to round up purchases which tends to really throw the younguns off their game when paying at the till. We were all taught to do the damn ciphering in your head!!!

:joker:
SkipperJohn said:
Gustaf said:

Yes. I just tried to use it tonight and noticed that the IT people have been busy. Their new format has rendered it useless. I have sent them a message requesting that it be fixed. If that doesn't happen I will have to go on a search once again.

Along similar lines, my work mandated a change to Microsoft 2016. I loaded it, as I was ordered to do, and now nothing works. I have a split screen, can't make the projector work with PowerPoint, etc. This digital world is making me nuts.
I want:
A car with a carburetor
A rotary dial telephone
A TV with rabbit ears and free channels
A light I can turn on with a switch instead of a remote I can't find
A business phone number with a real, live person on the other end
A meal cooked on a stove not 'nuked' for 1 minute, "press here to add 30 seconds"
A grocery clerk who can give me correct change for a $9.00 bill if I give her a 10, WITHOUT the assistance of a computer

What the hell happened?????

John ](*,)

Back