Survivor

joerookery

Sorry we did not call. Thurs evening has been overrun with golf. We watched the rcorded one and was suprised Terry did not give Austin the immunity idol. I am such a comrade type guy.

It is pouring rain so the powerball golf tourney was axed today. So tonight we plan on calling. Terry is not going down so who is????

Janet and I played golf last night and watched the recording. if Cirie makes it ti the final 2 watch out! She has a lot of fans.

Yes but tonight is the last round of The Amazing Race. No Monica any more though :( With the SPurs down 3-1 I don't think we will have a lot of TV to watch.

Hey Joe and Margo,
Did you hear that Richard Hatch (the first survivor winner) was sentenced to four years in the pen for evading taxes on the million he won.
He has proven that he was not very smart.
Gus

Hey Mike,
Survivor is a TV show where they take a group of people to a remote place and make them eat worms and stand on their heads until they pass out, it is a popular show in the western hemisphere, Maggie and I watched it once when we visited Joe and Janet, it was funny because there was a report on the news that night about a man who kidnapped a womwn and made her watch Survivor, just like Joe did to us. I think the big draw is the way people react and how they try to manipulate things, but to really get the full value of the show, you have to watch all episodes, or a lot of the subtle bits get past you. Richard Hatch was the winner of the first show, he was paid a million dollars on national TV, and he was so dumb, that he thought that the tax people would not know.
Best wihses
Gus

Now I got it Gus, It's a bit like the Brit show " I'm a celebrity - get me out of here" or "Big Brother House". To me it's all a load of Fly on the wall crap. Give us more factual TV programes or comedy things. Life's too short to worry about bull shit :D

Hey Mike,
Maggie and I have been hooked on programs that are based on Victorian house, where they take a group of people and put them in an invirment from the past and require them to live and work like they would have to then, they have had "Frountier House" in Montans where the motto of the family from California was "It is not fair", and "Iron age village"that was based on your Island, a Canadian version of the frontier house, "Colonial House"was based on the east coast of the US and was to be like an early new world settlement, it was one of the poorest done, as the "Liberal university proffessor"and his wife diverted men from the work force to form his university, and he directed the people to harver the corn crop before it was ripe. The latest was called "Texas Ranch House" and the out come was much like colonial house, but the judges were intelligent, and anounced that the "ranch"was a compleat failure (and the family from California responded "It is not fair") I laugh at Joe for watching Survivor, but if I am honest, The stuff I have watched is really the same, and it too requires that you see all the episodes to catch all the subtle bits. Oh, I forgot, there was complaints from the California couple about the bull poo on the Texas show too.
Best wishes
Gsu

Sorry Gus I have never heard of any of these "house shows". Arrrrrr...Give me the good old History chanel, Antiques Road Show, or Brit mystery series like Morse!! I have to say, that I am getting a bit tired of reality TV. Brian

b.loree said:
Sorry Gus I have never heard of any of these "house shows". Arrrrrr...Give me the good old History chanel, Antiques Road Show, or Brit mystery series like Morse!! I have to say, that I am getting a bit tired of reality TV. Brian

Ufffffff...finally a normal human being, the human species still has salvation!!!
Otto

I have no salvation! The Amazing Race is finished. Have to wait until next season. Janet lets me watch "as time goes by" but history stuff.....She watches home and garden TV.

Hey Joe,
As time goes by, is a good one. Otto, Brian is not a good example of a normal human being, he is the furthest from normal I have met (Brian, that is not an insult) Brian, the "house"shows are produced by public TV, they are actually rather interesting in that they make the participants live with in the period, that is, nothing is allowed that would not be available during the time portrayed. And for the most part, the participants are made to work to get the things they need. The Texas Ranch House had people that were going hungry, and letting a garden full of vegetables spoil because they did not know what to do with them (and one of the particpants was a vegetarian). It would seem that most people in our country can not eat something unless it comes in a sealed plastic bag in a cardboard box on a grocery store shelf. As for as the HIstory channel goes, it has been falling off in quality IMHO.
Gus

Back