Sword Collection: Austro-Hungarian saber $200 and Kinder Sabel (Child's saber) $120, WW1 German saber $140, more will be added shortly

Marcus

THE KINDER SABEL:

This is something I picked up at an antique and collector's market in Munich, Germany, in the winter of 1995.

It appealed to my love of historical militaria and antique toys, and military themed antique toys.

But I'm downsizing my collection of things I've acquired (some would say "hoarded") over the past 60 years to raise some funds for the dog and wolfdog rescue my daughter and I run.

Discussed here:

With this reply from another member here:

The regular sword appears to be standard Austrian D guard sword. Value $250 or so. Weyersberg is maker mark, other one is probably distributer or Store markings.

Kinder sword is similar pattern, they go for $150 to $200

Just my opinion

I also posted it in another forum here, with more photos:

Anyhow, with an estimated value of $150 to $200, I'll go for the low end, so hopefully give anyone here who wants it a deal.

Price is $120 + shipping.

First definite and unconditional "I'll take it" to my EMAIL at vonweigert(at)earthlink.net gets it.

I'm in California, and shipping in the U.S. will be in the triangular Priority Mail mailing tube.

US Postal Money order works best, but personal check or other money order are fine too.

I am not able to take any forms of on-line or electronic payment like PayPal, Venmo, etc.

Insurance at buyer's option and cost, I pack things well but have no control over what happens once shipped, so in accordance with standard contract law, possession/ownership and risk of loss/damage passes to buyer once it is delivered to the post office.

THE FULL SIZE AUSTRIAN SABER:

It is not shown in the photos with the sword, but it comes with correct scabbard also, which is the bottom scabbard in the photo of the 3 scabbards.

$200 + SHIPPING

DSCN0710.JPGDSCN0713.JPGDSCN0716.JPGDSCN0717.JPGDSCN0719.JPGDSCN0720.JPG

Last edited:
WW1 GERMAN SABER with scabbard.

This is the type with the lion head pommel.

I'm having camera issues, this is the only photo I have been able to take and download here. The German saber is the bottom one shown in the photo.DSCN0817.JPG

Good condition, not exceptional.

$140 + shipping

Last edited:
Scabbard for WW1 German saber.

This is the top scabbard in the photos.

$40 + shipping

Scabbard for U.S. Army officer saber.

I think this is for the 1903 pattern saber.

This is the middle scabbard in the photos.

$40 + shipping.

DSCN0727.JPGDSCN0729.JPGDSCN0730.JPGDSCN0733.JPGDSCN0735.JPG.

Last edited:
Relic grade Austro-Hungarian fencing saber.

Back in the mid-1970's I had a little antique business and got a lot of stuff through my girlfriend's father, who was an antique importer wholesaler and was bringing in container loads of antiques from Europe, especially Austria.

This saber was in one of those shipments, and I picked it up as an interesting addition to my sword collection, as I had encountered a fair amount of various old military sabres, but never a saber fencing one.

I paid $50 for it, which was a fairly high price for 1975 dollars, probably a couple hundred in today's dollars, but I wanted it to go with my other Austro-Hungarian militaria and my sword collection.

It has old moderate pitting all over it. There are no visible markings on it that I can see. The wood grip insert is still there, but there is only one small piece of the black leather grip wrap present.

At some point in time long ago, someone painted the handguard with white enamel over the pitting, much of this paint remains....I never got around to removing it.

There is no scabbard for it and it is too long by a few inches to fit in the WW1 era German saber scabbard I have listed above.

There is a slight bend in the blade about 6 inches back from the tip.

One of my dogs chewed on the cord for my camera that plugs into my laptop, so I can not download any photos of it right now.

I paid $50 for it back in 1975, I feel I got my money's worth out of having it in my collection all these years, some of which it hung on the wall with the rest of my collection.

So I'm selling it for what I paid for it: $50. Plus shipping.

Once I either replace my camera cable or purchase another simple camera that a relic such as myself can operate, I will take and post photos of it.

Last edited:
Yes it is.
Find out shipping to
A. Gustaf Bryngelson
775 N 600 E
Rupert, ID 83350
USA

I am in the big city for the week with unsecure intenet service, but can send paypal friends and family on the week end if that will work.

Gustaf, I'll box it up and run it by the post office to find out what shipping is next time I go into town.

I can't take PayPal - the thieving, anti-2nd Amendment, freedom hating, Marxist bandits terminated my PayPal account and banned me for "violation of terms of service" years ago after someone made a notation that a payment was for a Czech 98k Mauser rifle I sold on Gun Broker , despite my specifically asking him not to make any mention of weapons.

I can't get an account with Venmo or any of the other electronic on-line payment methods, because they require a smart phone to sign up, and I'm a older than dirt Neanderthal who doesn't have a smart phone, doesn't text or use "apps", and there is no cell phone reception way out here in the country where I live ( hills and mountains block the signal from nearest cell phone towers) and my simple flip-phone (which I almost never use and only stick in my pocket when I go into town for emergency use, like calling AAA if I need a tow truck or if something happens here at the dog rescue that my daughter calls me about) doesn't work off my wi-fi internet, which uses line-of-sight radio transmission tower transmitters to my receiver on the hill behind my house.

Personal check is fine for payment, or money order.....which ever works best for you.

My email is vonweigert(at)earthlink.net

could we get a better image of the german saber?

Right now I'm not able to download any photos from my little junk camera to my laptop, as one of the dogs chewed on the cord that goes from the camera to my computer.

So I have to see about getting another cable.

Or get a new, hopefully better, camera that is simple enough for an old, tech challenged, Luddite caveman like myself to use.

Right now I'm not able to download any photos from my little junk camera to my laptop, as one of the dogs chewed on the cord that goes from the camera to my computer.

So I have to see about getting another cable.

Or get a new, hopefully better, camera that is simple enough for an old, tech challenged, Luddite caveman like myself to use.
Does you camera use a chip? If so, most laptops have a slot to insert the chip, or you can get a USB adaptor that will read chips, they are a handy thing to have. I also do not reuse chips as I have had too many computers
die over the years and if I leave images on chips I will always have them at least until the cat plays with the chip and it is lost of several months.

Does you camera use a chip? If so, most laptops have a slot to insert the chip, or you can get a USB adaptor that will read chips, they are a handy thing to have. I also do not reuse chips as I have had too many computers
die over the years and if I leave images on chips I will always have them at least until the cat plays with the chip and it is lost of several months.
I checked both my relatively new ASUS and my older Dell Inspiron laptops and neither has a slot big enough to accept the photo card from my very old Nikon Coolpix camera.

Back