Thanks for a Great Forum

Lars13

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for some time now, and have finally registered and even posted a few messages, so it's time to introduce myself.

I'm Dutch, currently working in Norway, and have been a militaria collector for most of my life. It started with anything military, then focused more on the Second and finally on the First World War. To restrain myself I intend to limit the militaria to anything visible on the few post cards in my possession that were sent during the First World War by my German grandmother's brothers, and photos and death cards from my grandmother's album. Of course I cheat, and also buy non-visible back-packs, mess-tins, other models, etc. :wink:

For me regimental association is king, so I prefer a less-than-pristine Pickelhaube marked by the correct regiment over a mint Pickelhaube, although I aim for the highest quality when buying non-regimental things like drinking cups, belts and the like.

The quality of the items shown on this forum is incredible, as is the level of knowledge available. I don't have that level of knowledge nor quality of items, but I'll try and contribute as much as I can.

Best regards,

Lars

ps I made a small website (which I still maintain) so I would have access to my stuff wherever I travelled (this was before I had a laptop/tablet) that shows some of my militaria:
http://home.versatel.nl/elbro6/Redirect_Militaria_Wishlist.html

Back