The 6 sons of Kaiser Wilhelm II

I guess I could look it up but how did these guys fair during the 3rd Reich ?
Some joined the 3rd Reich
Especially the Crown Prince
When the Kaiser died at House Doorn in the Netherlands
the Crown Price laid claim to his fathers estate
The Dutch government told him no
"You are a Nazi "
The estate is intact still today
I was there in 2006
Steve

Some joined the 3rd Reich
Especially the Crown Prince
Here is an anecdote that was told to me by my father
My father, a young man of 18 years was a Sherman tank driver in the "Rhin-Danube" 1st french army of General de Lattre de Tassigny.
He fought with the american army during the last war months, entering in Germany (Tübingen, Donaueschingen, Lack of Constance) after the battle of Colmar (Colmar pocket).
He remained a few months in the army in Lindau am Bodensee after the end of the war (he met there at this time my german mother).
One day, my father was on guard outside the office of General De Lattre in the Villa Wacker, the headquarter of the french army in Lindau. The Kronprinz came this day after have asked for an audience with the General, trying to get some private privileges for him and his family. My father remembered that De Lattre started to have a very loud and violent anger and expelled the Kronprinz from his office with the words" You should be ashamed, all the German people are in deep misery and you, you dare to claim personal privileges!"
The Kronprinz left the Villa Wacker without a word like a wet cat...

Philippe
;)

Last edited:
Here is an anecdote that was told to me by my father
My father, a young man of 18 years was a Sherman tank driver in the "Rhin-Danube" 1st french army of General de Lattre de Tassigny.
He fought with the american army during the last war months, entering in Germany (Tübingen, Donaueschingen, Lack of Constance) after the battle of Colmar (Colmar pocket).
He remained a few months in the army in Lindau am Bodensee after the end of the war (he met there at this time my german mother).
One day, my father was on guard outside the office of General De Lattre in the Villa Wacker, the headquarter of the french army in Lindau. The Kronprinz came this day after have asked for an audience with the General, trying to get some private privileges for him and his family. My father remembered that De Lattre started to have a very loud and violent anger and expelled the Kronprinz from his office withe the words" You should be ashamed, all the German people are in deep misery and you, you dare to claim personal privileges!"
The Kronprinz left the Villa Wacker without a word like a wet cat...

Philippe
;)
Philippe
Thanks for that very personal story.
My collector friend Charles in Belgium bought and restored
a Sherman tank and a US Army Jeep from WWII.
This year on D-Day he drove the Jeep to Normandy
Best wishes
Steve

Back