The German Infantry from 1871 to 1914

edwin

Definitely not something you'll take along on a field trip due to its sheer weight of 3 kg. Nevertheless, I can highly recommend The German infantry from 1871 to 1914 because of its excellent content and clear, high resolution pictures. All pictures in this 2 volume book are full colour and moreover it deals not only with headgear but the complete equipment of the German infantry. Its not cheap (129 euro) but worth every penny :D

See the website of Verlag Militaria for further information.

books

Regards,

Edwin

These books are brilliant. Plus the cavalry one, they never leave my coffee table.and the Artillery one (I am told) is coming to me for Christmas :santa:

The Artillery one should be here by Christmas as well. :D
The one on the Belgian Army should arrive a bit earlier. (hope so)

Francis

Just received notice of the Artillery book in the series. It came listed from the seller, "On Military Matters".
Should be here in a few weeks. I recommend getting their newsletter.

G2

I received the two volume set on the German Infantry for a Christmas gift. It's an outstanding set with excellent photographs. If you're on the fence about it, don't be. The cost is worth the product. I plan on buying the companion books in the series.

G2

I have checked out Tony's coffee table versions of this, they are excellent. I just have to wrap my head around the "price" for now :( . I have one more year of spousal support to pay!

Sometimes you can find used ones in nearly new condition at amazon, booklooker or ebay for good prices. Today I bought a used (nearly new) „Die Deutschen Generale“ for 59,95€ at amazon [-o<

Back