The photos are too small!

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
What I would like to suggest to Brain and Margo (please please please) is that the pixel restriction for viewing be enlarged. It is too small. It should be at least 650 pixels for photos.

For websites that host the photos, size restriction makes sense as large pics chew up space. But we are all hosting our own pics. So when a thread is opened, the photos is downloaded, regardless if it is 450 picxels wide or 2000 pixels wide. It is there. Any chance?

Exactly. A width of 700 pixels will fit on ANY monitor. It drives me crazy :cussing: to see nice 600 pixel wide photo trashed as the "re-size" feature destroys the photo quality!!

Could we please get this script changed to a reasonable width? Like 700? No monitor is so small that only a 550 width will fit.

<script>

</script>

It makes absolutely no difference to load time, as the photo is still loaded. if it was 5 MB, it is still 5MB but re-sized down to a measly 550 wide. Could we do this please? I have to save photos to my PC, to see them full size as the re-size java script distorst the quality. Thank you. T

Hi Mark:

The aircraft is actually a Bristol F2b Fighter, and is one of two at the Imperial War Museum Duxford (near Cambridge). The other biplane is Russian (but I can't for the life of me remember what it was). My references are packed away; perhaps someone can identify it:

100_0420_1.jpg

I visited the museum last August and took a ton of pictures. Duxford is also where the IMW maintains its cold storage facilities, and I was graciously permitted behind locked doors to see some of the museum's superb collection of Pickelhauben and a few articles belonging to the Kaiser.

http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/

I am not a liberty to post any pictures of the helmets, and there seems little point in posting the planes (especially when a Bristol looks more like a Jenny) until the pixel restriction is corrected. :cry:

Chas.

Well, I see my post and Bristol photograph have been deleted.

Thank you so much.

To annoy the censor, here it is again:

vertical.jpg

100_0419_1.jpg

Back