This Belongs In A Museum

pickelhauben

If legit.

I have not seen a camo combo in this pristine condition.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Stahlhelm-Modell-1916-mit-Stirnpanzer-Innenfutter-Tarnmuster-Kinnriemen/193705668171?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225115%26meid%3D06755158ba304dd0b7976859080fcfe6%26pid%3D100903%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D20%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D193705668171%26itm%3D193705668171%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2510209&_trksid=p2510209.c100903.m5276

To recap:

A soldier is assigned to Sentry Duty, goes to the Company Quarter Master to pick up before a helmet front shield and a breast Shield, and his helmet is a PERFECT match to the helmet shield.

What luck!

I put up a better link.

I do believe that the camos were not done by the depots.
That was done by the troopers.
If indeed this is original it is a masterpiece

I bet it will fetch a handsome price regardless. On a side note, still after a cut M18 if anyone has one for sale........worth a try......

I took a long time and did check with some experts and in my opinion, it is not original paint.

The paint is a 70s touch up. I don't see the hand painted strokes, even the Latvia fakes have the paint strokes.

Regards
Amy Bellars

Tony without Kaiser said:
To recap:

A soldier is assigned to Sentry Duty, goes to the Company Quarter Master to pick up before a helmet front shield and a breast Shield, and his helmet is a PERFECT match to the helmet shield.

What luck!

:clown: :D :D

b.loree said:
Sigh...I think I need to stop commenting on things that I know nothing about!! :?

Brian, don't sigh, we are not experts in everything. We learn as we make mistakes... No one will laugh at u....i swear I didn't laugh 😂

Many thanks Amy for your comment. I suspect that one of the reasons why this forum is so successful is the fact that we all know that mistakes happen. I also know that strong personalities who wish to learn, will always know that mistakes are inevitable..... I sound like Confucius!!! Anyways, all is good!
:D .

It is masterfully done. If I had seen it a show I would have asked opinions, and I think the real danger is that if this happened to be an estate sale or a small gun show reasonably priced it would have sold quickly.

When I see stuff like this I wonder why that talent couldn't be put to something positive instead, but it is like the telephone scams - they work so hard to make a quick buck, in truth it would be easier to just get a job.

Hi all!
Just took a look and I see it's ended. Also, I've seen nice stuff like this on display in German museums, but to me the inside and outside don't work together. It looks like a Finnish re-work that I have in my collection, which itself looks too good to be true (bought with that in mind!).
Brian, I'd say you're one of the more knowledgeable around here. Certainly a lot better than I am!

:D Ron

The end price is pretty high for what it is. Someone thinks they got a steal though.

Back