This one has seen the front line

argonne

Hi Gents,

Found this for a couple of days \:D/ RJB8 Tschako with its original Überzug, battle damaged and both with matching regimental marks and same size (57). First JB8, then RJB8 with green painted "R" over the sewn green "8".
But the best: identity of wearer (4/RJB8) is tracked and traced as the circonstances, the period and the place where he has been light wounded. This guy had the luck to survive the war.
A first impression, from the outside :wink: Then we will discover the hidden details :D

Philippe
:D

Waiting to see the helmet without the cover .
That is a great one
Thanks for the photos
Steve

Some more details.

And owner tracked and traced, Heinrich JONY, lightly wounded during the attack for the summit and the sector "Oberer Rehfelsen" of the Vieil-Armand (Hartmannweilerskopf) on the 15.10.1915 (page 9970 of the Verlust-Listen):

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/3336002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The page before (9969) showing well, this is the RJB8:

http://files.genealogy.net/verlustlisten/09969.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1453735821-Vieil-Armand-17-Refelhsen.jpg

1449163889-Veil-Armand-croix-au-sommet-2.jpg

183_001.jpg

Philippe
:wink:

Wel this is a very nice one
I have seen this one to but someone whas bigger than me so i missed it ,apperently it was you
At least i know now where it is , and you got a very nice ona in hand

Congrats with this one

Jonas

=D> Very nice find ,it is so unique to find headgear with its original Überzug ,
Till now I only found one ,and it’s the one on my avatar.

Thank you guys!

Oh yes, Ed, you are perfectly right! They are very hard to find, most of the time Überzug and helmet are not matching.
I own another matching lot, bavarian this time, but unfortunately without numbers on the front, but with matching regimental marks at the inside of both.

Philippe
:wink:

Oh, that Bavarian is awesome! =D>
Another great ensemble, with soldier helmets so extremely rare.

And this excellent Schako gives the proof that on an Uberzug sewn and painted letters/numbers can coexist. It is the first time I see this special feature an genuine example.

Back