Thoughts on shape of this Hesen?

I agree with Bruno and Zeb on this one. Revamped from an earlier model haube into an M95.
Looks totally correct to me.

Thank you all. Is 1200 Euros a good Price for this one? Only has two holes for the Wappen etc.

Not sure. I’ll try and find out. If it is marked is that a decent price? Still trying to find a Hessen I can buy without the wife kicking me out…..

You are right of course.

I just looked again and cannot see any. Sellers lists it as from Regts 116 - 118 so I take it that mean no markings.

So a fair price given that?

Peter

You are right of course.

I just looked again and cannot see any. Sellers lists it as from Regts 116 - 118 so I take it that mean no markings.

So a fair price given that?

Peter
No, a helmet that old should have markings on the rear visor. Or inside the helmet body itself, though I do not know Hessen did that.
If no markings, I'd go for less that the price asked, it still is a nice helmet though. I like it.

my past experiences with that dealer
The dealer had some good stuff in the past, even if sometimes pretty overprized. Then he stopped for a few years the buying of new stuff.
I bought one single helmet 2017 from him as I was in his town, this beautiful named and tracked officer Ulan Tschapka from the UR20, Ludwigsburg, the unique transaction I have ever made with him but never have regretted!

ulrich13.JPG
ulrich9.JPG
ulrich10.JPG
During a trip to Heidelberg with my wife, we made a stop November 2017 at his home to pick up this UR.20 beauty that I had reserved before. Dealer was a real gentleman as we came in, removing the coat off my wife´s shoulders.

After I paid cash for this helmet and talked with him a little while, I suggested I could also be interested in some of his helmet covers and asked to see them. All of them were unfortunately not to my taste, as all the other helmets he then presented me... He became then quite unpleasant because I said honestly my opinion about some details that bothered me on some of the presented stuff...
He also had on his site a great EM helmet cover that I also absolutely wanted to buy an that I missed in the presented stuff, but he then said this item is at the moment not available because being at an exhibition in Italia...This was this item.

R201.jpg
I begged him to absolutely reserve it for me as the item will come back to his home but he had suddenly no more patience with us and it was obvious he only wanted us now to leave. If the welcome was very courteous, the leaving was not....

I asked him per E-mail later a few times if this Überzug was now avalaible, I unfortunately never got an answer from him...

Philippe
;)

Last edited:
Back