Today's daily double

joerookery

Tony I think there is an attempt to drive you insane with shakos... there's more where this came from... first. A guard OR
Garde%20EM%20shako15.jpg

If shakos have the same precedents as helmets. This would be a landwehr officers shako. I would like to see a close-up of the landwehr cross and see if it is 25 mm.
Jager%20OR15.jpg

I can hear them calling me.

Joe: Nice shakos! The enlisted one with the silver side lugs and silver guard front plate could be Flieger, luftschiffer or Telegraphen troops.

reservist1

My wish was granted on the landwehr cross.
The cross is 27.4mm high and 26.3mm wide. Also attached is a composite image of an enlisted reserve Jager plate from my spares box. The cross on this one is 26.2mm high and 25.5mm wide.
Res%20Shako%20plate.jpg

reserve%20plate.jpg

So as I see it. This is a variance in the size of the landwehr cross. I'm starting to get the impression that manufacture specifications were 25 mm plus or minus 1 mm. This one has the impression of the cross in the body. But if the cross here was the same size as a line cross, and the eagle was smaller, the landwehr cross took up a larger percentage of the body. I'm not a shako collector. I'm not a shako collector. I'm not a shako collector.

Back