Tropenhelm Mod. 1904

Zeb,
That is one well-preserved Sun-helmet! Did it have only one cockade, and is the wappen fire-gilded? Would you be so kind as to post a picture of its inside liner and the attachments for the wappen?
Thanks
John

Zeb,
That is one well-preserved Sun-helmet! Did it have only one cockade, and is the wappen fire-gilded? Would you be so kind as to post a picture of its inside liner and the attachments for the wappen?
Thanks
John
Thank you John for the appreciament. I try to answer your questions:
The german pith helmet have only a cocade. All the imperial units wear only the reichadler with red-white-black colours.
The reichadler is fire-gilded. As soon as possible i added some detailed photos of its inside liner with the maker's logo and the uniform department of east asia.

The wide rear visor was divided onto five parts of cork sewned with the field grey cotton twill covering (the colour is not the classic "feldgrau" but has a intriguing slightly olive tone). Thanks to this particular construction the neck-guard can be folded up.20230212_194915.jpg20230212_195058.jpg

Zeb,
Thanks for the pictures; very interesting way to attach the wappen, seems like the earlier pickelhaube style.
Best regards
John

You are right, John. It's the same sliding sytem intruduced in 1667 an used in the Mod. 1901 helmet described in my previous thread. Note the addition of the third lower metal loop. Before they are two.

Back