Tschapka anyone?

JohnM

My Tschapkas.

InlbK4B.jpg

3jtnuG3.jpg

Nice !!!

The gray Prussian has an unusual top on it.

Is the top metal or leather ?

It is unusual because it has a squarish shape to funnel that sits on top of the helm.

I have not seen this type shape before.

In the past, I did not like the Tschapkas...They really looked too strange wearing it on top of the Head #-o
But my mind is changing with every picture of one of your Tschapkas. It seems I’m slowly going to understand the historic Fashion behind the Helmets more and more with every Object :)

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen!

Geo, at the moment, the only Bavarian I have is the donut kind. I have to eventually get a nice Bavarian one.

Picklehauben, the top is made of metal and very well machined. It has a bayonet lug which matches up with this top. I, also, have never seen anything like but it came with the helmet.

It may very well be junk but I wanted to see if anyone had ever seen anything like it.

Of all the uniforms and helmets I've parted with over the years, the only set I truly miss is the UR 11 set. Tschapka with cords, and uniform, it was a beautiful set up.

Wonderful collection. The top of the M.15 Prussian Tshapska is not usual. I never seen another one similar. Seems to be in tin metal. Is it removable?
Can you show some further details?
Thx. Giorgio

aicusv said:
Of all the uniforms and helmets I've parted with over the years, the only set I truly miss is the UR 11 set. Tschapka with cords, and uniform, it was a beautiful set up.

Then I have something special to post 01 Feb 2018. Stay tuned...

What a shame JohnM that you cannot leave your Tschapka on the bureau all the time. They look excellent there. Tschapka are one of my favorite patterns of Pickelhauben.

Back