two way radios and the SOS

Gustaf

Staff member
This is a reminder to the eight people who bought radios special for SOS last year, and not one of us remembered to bring them (at least Paul and James brought their GPS, but it only could find the "wrong side of town") The radios are quite handy, and if they are set on vibrate, they can be fun too.
Gus

Margo and I will have a set of walky talkies at the show.......the excitement builds!! brian

Hey Joe,
You made it back, you missed some fun weather in San Antonio while you were gone.
Gus

Radios? OK, that's too scary. What could be so important that you need radios!

"Spikey to home base, I just found a table without one Nazi helmet!"
"Home base to Spikey. We're on the way. The troops are on the way!"
:D

Peter,

That is really what happens! You know how big this place is. I can remember chasing after people last year to show them some bargain or the other -- and sometimes not been very successful in finding someone. Then of course there was a problem of directing them to some place that you couldn't describe by yourself! Even getting dinner plans together was a pain without the radios. So I am all for it. Even though this year I will be electric, no more manual wheelchair in that place. Let us hope they do a slightly better job on latrine maintenance.

Yea Peter, believe it or not, they come in real handy...even if it is just the "Girls" calling us up at the show to let us know that they are back from shopping! There is nothing more terrifying than being out there in that sea of militaria and your wife can't get a hold of you!! I am going to pay for this post, I just know it!! Brian

Yes, and do not forget the tattoo parlor inccident, we need to be able to keep track of the girls, otherwise they forget to come back to the hall when we send them out for doughnuts.
Gus
ps I am sure I am not the only one who got lost in the hall last year.

OK, I'm working on a couple of tech stories this week.

Are you guys sure you don't need GPS devices too? Maybe you can convince the OVMS to produce an SOS map.

"Turn left, walk three tables. Pickelhaube found!" :D

Peter_Suciu said:
OK, I'm working on a couple of tech stories this week.

Are you guys sure you don't need GPS devices too? Maybe you can convince the OVMS to produce an SOS map.

"Turn left, walk three tables. Pickelhaube found!" :D

Hey Peter,
When you come in to the hall, be sure to get a program, there is a map in the center of the program, and irt is very usefull, there is an alphabetaical list of table holders that makes it easier to find people that you know are at the show, and use the map, if you see something that you wish to see again, mark it on the map or you may never see it again. SOS map indeed. By the way, the GPS devices are not quite accurate enough to pinpoint items on tables, but they can help you find where you are in the hall, remember, this year the hall is going to be about an acre bigger (half a hectar)
Best wihses
Gus

Back