U R 14

I have a few spiked helmets where the reserve cross is attached in different places. Maybe the wearer wanted it that way? Is it more visible there? The chapka has a large head size. Maybe the emblem is also a little bigger. I can't answer that.
Hello, the configuration of the Prussian Reserve-Landwehr eagles is very well regulated.

---Reserve officer's eagles, without Vaterland-band, have the FR on the chest and the Landwehrkreuz on the tail. Steve shows a Reserve Officer's Chapska.
---You, on the other hand, without Vaterland-band and without FR, but with the Landwehrkreuz on the chest, it is a Reserve-Landwehr "troop" eagle if the crown is not openwork, and a Landwehr officer's eagle, if the crown is openwork. (in this case Landwehr-Kavallerie Officer of UR14).
Here is the active "enlisted troop" model vith Vaterlandbandeau

Attachments

• UR 14 St Avold KZGUR2.jpg
    UR 14 St Avold KZGUR2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This is the Prussian Reserve officer's eagle on the left,
and the Prussian Landwehr officer's eagle on the right. 0ff Réserve.jpg

Another Landwehr officer "customized or personnalized". 0ff Ldw Prusse Eigentum.jpg

And the Landser eagle, common to both Reserve and Landsturm.
Adler RJR-LIR.jpg

Wonderful information. Ive been told this before. Was this the case with all Kingdoms, etc?

Wonderful information. Ive been told this before. Was this the case with all Kingdoms, etc?
No. For example, the Landwehrkreuz of the Saxon star, officer or trooper, Reserve or Landwehr, is identical.Saxe 0ff Rés-LWR.jpg

Large LWK
Saxe LWK grand centre.GIF

Thinner LWK:
Saxe Rés- LWK  Petit module.jpg
Two LWK modules were observed, in both officers and troops: a thinner LWK and a stockier one. I put forward the hypothesis of a Reserve/Landwehr distinction, but was unable to prove it.

Back