Überrocking in the New Year #3: Dragoner Regt. König Friedrich III (2.Schlesisches) Nr. 8

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
To continue with the Überrock theme with John M., here is an old friend in superb condition. It is a Hauptmann (Captain) in Dragoner Regt. König Friedrich III (2.Schlesisches) Nr. 8 VI Armee - Korps Kreuzburg/Berstadt/Namslau.

I've had the Überrock for many years, but recently 'upgraded' the Dragoner Pickelhaube to a very nice example.

To see the Überrock photos and the standard write-up, click  Here.

To see the Pickelhaube click Here.

dbt08g.jpg

WoooHooo!! Too legit to quit!

Very, very nice Tony! That Uberrock is in super fantastic condition and the hauber is to kill for!

To continue with the Überrock theme with John M., here is an old friend in superb condition. It is a Hauptmann (Captain) in Dragoner Regt. König Friedrich III (2.Schlesisches) Nr. 8 VI Armee - Korps Kreuzburg/Berstadt/Namslau.

I've had the Überrock for many years, but recently 'upgraded' the Dragoner Pickelhaube to a very nice example.

To see the Überrock photos and the standard write-up, click Here.

To see the Pickelhaube click Here.

dbt08g.jpg
I had a very similar 8th regiment Überrock and like a fool sold it through Manion's auction years ago when my interests changed . I've come to my senses andI continue my quest to find and buy it again.

This Luger would go quite well with your ensemble.

Very nice, but not in Canada Neil. In 1995 the Liberal Government banned all handguns with a 4" barrel or less, and they can only be bought by people who already had 4" handguns. If you have handguns like that, when you die the RCMP will destroy them. Thousand of Lugers and other fine collectible handguns have gone through the shredder.

I was forced to sell all my Army Lugers from both Wars. I know people who had million dollar Luger collections made worthless by the swipe of a pen. It is just a matter of time before all handguns are banned, and they will come for my Artillery Lugers and C-96 Mausers.

GFMMackensen this might actually be your old Überrock as I did purchase it from Manions many years ago when they actually sold quality items.

A certain portion of the governing class in the United States would like to take all of our guns. So far, we have been able to resist this revocation of our rights, but I don't know how long we can save the day. Good luck on keeping what you have.

Very nice, but not in Canada Neil. In 1995 the Liberal Government banned all handguns with a 4" barrel or less, and they can only be bought by people who already had 4" handguns. If you have handguns like that, when you die the RCMP will destroy them. Thousand of Lugers and other fine collectible handguns have gone through the shredder.

I was forced to sell all my Army Lugers from both Wars. I know people who had million dollar Luger collections made worthless by the swipe of a pen. It is just a matter of time before all handguns are banned, and they will come for my Artillery Lugers and C-96 Mausers.

GFMMackensen this might actually be your old Überrock as I did purchase it from Manions many years ago when they actually sold quality items.
I had a hunch that that the Regiment Nr.8 Überrock was the one I sold when I saw it on your Kaiser Bunker website a couple years ago. . I am very happy it went to a great collector and you did not sell it when you sold your old house and downsized.
Kyle

I had a hunch that that the Regiment Nr.8 Überrock was the one I sold when I saw it on your Kaiser Bunker website a couple years ago. . I am very happy it went to a great collector and you did not sell it when you sold your old house and downsized.
Kyle

Ah ha! So it is the same one. Marvelous! I assure you Kyle it has a good home. It has survived three downsizing 'purges' as it's just too stunning to let go. The Schirmmütze did not and a collecting friend has that now. I had around 150 Imperial Mützen and that was just ridiculous so the caps purge was ruthless.

So now that I know I bought this superb quality Überrock from you please allow me to say thank you. It's a favourite.

dbt08g.jpg

Back