Ulan 13 from KAGGR#1

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
A couple more photos sent to me from Steve's collection,Ulan 13:
U R 13 e m PP.jpeg
Trust Steve to have both officer and OR's models! :D The OR tschapka has a removable tin top.
U R 13  Reserve officer.jpeg
Reservist officer.

Very, very nice tschpakas!!!

Awesome to see another EM and Officer grouping of the same regiment!

John

Great Tschapkas! The one on the top picture does not look like an EM model though, with a number of officer features, except for the detachable mortarboard that is of typical EM style. Or is it an NCO Tschapka? I cannot see for sure if the Suum Cuique emblem is plain or enameled. Steve, can you help?

Bruno ; Everything in that case goes to the same man .It came from Mohawk years ago at a Max show
when it was held in St. Louis . Helmet ; tunic ; dress hat and sword . I am not much of anything to with the color
combinations of the knot on the sword , but years ago a collector in the know told me that the knot on the sword
was the correct color comb for the numbers on the buttons that hold his epaulettes on to the uniform .The helmet
plate for sure is officer quality .I will try and tell you more later .
Steve McFarland

Now that we are mostly unpacked, I was actually able to find this.

From the Mohawk Arms March 1985 auction catalogue. I've seen the set at Steve's in Tennessee and it is incredible.

UR13_Mohawk_Arms1985a.jpg

UR13_Mohawk_Arms1985b.jpg

Tony ;
Thanks !
Yes , that is the exact set that I bought from Ray Zyla at
a Max show in St. Louis .About $2,000 back then .It was a lot
but worth it for sure .Glad that you found this .I was going to
try and find my copy .You have saved me from looking .
It was in their catalog and I guess it did not sell , so he brought
it to the show .
Steve

Very Cool! Is the enlisted Tschapka made by Clement? Both of mine are. Would love to see some photos of the schirmmutze and sword/portepee (that appear in the catalog listing) if you still have them. Cheers!

Hello cptbob ;
Please P M me with your email address
I can send you photos direct to you via email
Yes I still have everything shown
I have owned it for many years
sorry I have not had the helmet off the display in years
Thanks
Steve McFarland

Back