Ulanka 2nd. Royal Saxon Ulan Regiment No. 18

gmu

Hello,

This is my first post here. I posted this at other forums and found some important information. However, I will like to post this here too to see if someone has other information than can be found about the officer in question.

This Ulanka belonged to a Rittmeister Schmidt, who served with the 2nd. Royal Saxon Ulan Regiment No. 18, garrisoned at Leipzig. The tunic has a tag with the officer´s name, the regiment number and the date 1915

u23mu.jpg

u65oi.jpg

u49iy.jpg

This is what I have found so far with the help of the guys at other forums:

Presumably, this tunic belonged to Rittmeister der Reserve Alfred Schmidt of 2. Ulanen-Regiment Nr. 18.

Leutnant: 22.11.99
Oberleutnant d.R.: 14.8.08 A
Rittmeister d.R: 14.8.13 G

According to the 1914 Sachsen Rangliste, he had the following awards:

1. Sachen Albert Cross 2nd class
2. Landwehr long service 2nd class
3. Sachen Ernestine house order 2nd class
4. Sachen Altenburg Ernest medal

Moreover, the Saxe-Ernestine House Order-Knight 1st Class with Swords from Saxe-Altenburg 22.3.15 as Rittmeister der Reserve on Staff of Generalkommando XIX. Armeekorps.

His only Saxon Order during the war was

Albert-Knight 1st X on 22.3.16 as Rtr dR, Armee-Munitionskolonne 2-XIX.

I will appreciate it very much if someone has more information. I know it is difficult, but a photo of the guy would be great, wouldn’t it?

Great piece, hope you can find out more, however, I am impressed with what you already know!

James

Thank you for your comments. I know it is difficult to obtain new information, but you never know....

Thanks. More pictures….

u77al.jpg

Ribbons from top to bottom:

Saxon Albert Order, Knights Cross, second class.
Prussian Iron Cross, second class.
Saxe Ernestine House Order, Knights Cross, second class.

r26rb.jpg

l16sd.jpg

h12jf.jpg

h29gb.jpg

Mr gmu, are you trying to make us drool all over the place or what? I must say you succeeded very well. Now I have to buy a new keyboard...
The more I look at this fantastic ulanka, the more I love it... Whenever you want to sell this one, just send me a pm...
Sorry I can't give you more info about Rittmeister Schmidt...

Adler

Back