Unidentified armbands / brassards

drakegoodman

A postcard from Feldpost Expedition 5 Bayer. Inf. Div.

Does anyone know what the armbands being worn by the two fellows at the rear denote?

4430154101_fda5c9691e_b.jpg

Original size

Rückseite for those interested:

4430132461_62cca1c562_o.jpg

Addressed to Frau Kath Machold, Ellerode bei Hedemünden an der Werra.

"You don´t contact anymore, how are you? Still good I hope! The stork has made a call on my wife and has brought a little daughter. Moreover everything safe and sound. Write soon! Best regards Georg."

I cannot help with the armbands -- saw this when it was for sale and I have no idea especially with the 1916 date. However, congratulations on deciphering that SB abbreviation! There is no way I could have done that. You the man! :eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion9:

joerookery said:
I cannot help with the armbands -- saw this when it was for sale and I have no idea especially with the 1916 date. However, congratulations on deciphering that SB abbreviation! There is no way I could have done that. You the man! :eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion9:
It might sound stupid, but I still don't understand: what does SB mean?

Hey Joe, the rest of the SB abbrieviation was pretty easy, it is all on the briefmark:)
Gsu

drakegoodman said:
Does anyone know what the armbands being worn by the two fellows at the rear denote?

That is the M1907 Bayerischen Feldpost armband.

Kraus, J. (1999) Die feldgraue Uniformierung des deutschen Heeres 1907-1918 .Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück. Band 2, p. 959

Thanks Tony. I'm ordering the Kraus books this week, so hopefully the number of questions will be kept to a minimum in the future.

Cheers,

Brett

Back