Uniform

poniatowski

Building on what Steve (Skelts 1974) wrote,

I once collected uniforms and found many of them at local thrift stores. I know everybody likes combat unit uniforms, but I found complete dress uniform for a WWII officer for the Ports of Embarkation. No big deal, but a super clean uniform for $3. The only identification on it was 'Lt. Harms', so I at least knew the rank for it.
A few months later, I asked if there were any patches or similar at the thrift shop and guess what I found? Lt. Harms' dog tags; ribbon bar; rank insignia and a 'Ruptured Duck' (discharge) pin. It's an inglorious uniform, but a reminder that very few who served actually saw combat and in the case of this fellow, never left the country. It's one of my favorite uniforms.

:D Ron

i used to cruise Thrift Stores etc. I scored a few Boy Scout shirts over the years which I have sold on Ebay to collectors. However, they do not seem to be putting them out on the racks anymore. I think most of these stores have people on staff who have an idea about collectibles and of course internet information is easy to get.

I used to cruise Thrift Stores etc. I scored a few Boy Scout shirts over the years which I have sold on Ebay to collectors. However, they do not seem to be putting them out on the racks anymore. I think most of these stores have people on staff who have an idea about collectibles and of course internet information is easy to get.

Back