Unknown navy cork.

Markgraf

I guess the helmet is British, but I'm not sure about the badge...I would be happy for any further info!

http://www.vatera.hu/eredeti-iivhs-katonai-parafa-sisak-2477749844.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter_Suciu said:
The cap insignia appears to be Belgian, and the Belgian military did use a copy of the Wolseley helmet.
Sorry to contradict, but I am not so sure about that insigna being Belgian!
Here are some cap and helmet badges,first two are military, other are commecial.
But I just wanted to make clear that leaves on Belgian (embroidered!)insigna are generaly longer, then the one showed.
Also the crown, leaves me in doubt.

To me it appears that it maybe a British Station Badge for a Harbour Police force. What is that with the anchor, is it a bird or is it a dragon?

The crown looks to be a King's to me, but has what appear to be shamrocks atop the band and not the lilies. This top of crown did appear on a badge for a Belfast police unit, but the rest was different. My thinking is the helmet is per 1922, from a station in Ireland. But I could be completely off base with that (for non baseball players: "off base" = wrong).

Back