Utah Gun Collector's Association gun show in Ogden, Utah

Gustaf

Staff member
I just got home from the Ogden UGCA show, it is a small show, but with lots of great collector displays, competition is rather tough, but I managed to win the first place with my display based on the histories of my grandfather and great uncle and their experiances in WWI.
ogdenoctober2011011.jpg

Best
Gus

Bravo Gus, good job! Please post more pics of your stand when you've got a minute =D>

Hey Ron,
I do not have any other photos of the display, I usually only take a broad shot, so I can remember how I set up so it will be easier for the next time (this may be going in a local school on November 11th). I was not elegible for the grand prise, as I can only take that once a year, and the last time was the January show this year, with my display on the German point of view of WWI,
31-12-2010019.jpg

Grand prize pays $500, so the club has the once a year rule to make sure that one person can not take it every time. The competition is so close between a dozen displayers that a misspelled word in a lable can be the difference. At the March show, I put together a dispay on Browning weapons in WWI, the Browning Museum sponsered two prizes for the best Browning related displays, and I managed to get the top Browning prize as well as first in the club judging.
PHhood020.jpg

The judging is done on the NRA rules, and I always try to have a display at the show so I do not have to do any judging. It is a very hard job, and the judges do not get enough credit for their efforts, and as long as I am being judged, I can not be a judge. The best part of the competition is that it encourages collectors to set up well planned displays of things that one does not normally see. We get things from indian artifacts (bows and arrows) right up to madern machine guns, with an occasional Gattling gun in between.
Best
Gsu

I remember seeing (and drooling over) those German display photos before Gus... One can never get enough of them! Great job again! :thumb up:

Thanks Chas,
The Trench gun is currently in a state of disasembly, in the photo it has a post war hand guard/bayonet lug. I got an original from Bryan, and am trying to get it rebuilt in the correct configuration. I carried this shot gun for years in a scabbard on my jeep when camping, thinking it was not a US trench gun. When it was possible to check serial numbers on line, I found that tis one was in the shippment late in 1918, and the lack of an ordinance bomb marking is normal. Looking through my photos, this is the best photo I have.
PHhood017.jpg

Best
gus

joerookery said:
Kung fu grip!!!!
Barbie can not hold a trench gun, or a grenade, for that matter. I once saw a program on a toy museum, they had G.I. Joes in the display, but they would not display the weapons, as they were not PC, so the G.I. Joes were nothing but Ken dolls dressed in Army surplus clothing.

Barbie has her good points. But there is little better than kung fu grip! Well beer… Congratulations on winning the show!

314958_10150407577361803_118387401802_10146837_962621716_n.jpg

Lost Skeleton said:
Thanks, Gus! Does the stock have the correct WRA hard rubber butt plate?
The stock is not correct, and the plate is a Winchester, and looks like it is plastic rather than hard rubber.
B est
Gus

Great Job, Gus, Congratulations! =D>

That's a real labor of love to put one of these displays together!

All the Best,

Alan

Back