Venturing out into the world

Liongules

Not necessarily a bit thing, but today I visited two classes at a local high school that had just begun studying WW1. I had told the teacher some time ago about my Imperial postcard collection. I took along my two 3-ring binders full of postcards and my small medal collection. I was only trying to get the stage set, so I talked a little bit about the political organization of the German Empire and the rulers of the various states. After putting my medals in protective plastic I passed them around and let the kids look at them. The kids seemed to have enjoyed my efforts. :eek:ccasion5:

so I talked a little bit about the political organization of the German Empire and the rulers of the various states.

Good for you! Okay I cannot find my postcards of the states of Hamburg and Bremen -- and if you have the wives of Oldenburg -- this is really interesting stuff and good for you congratulations!

joerookery said:

Good for you! Okay I cannot find my postcards of the states of Hamburg and Bremen -- and if you have the wives of Oldenburg -- this is really interesting stuff and good for you congratulations!
Joe,

I'm afraid I have nothing on either Hamburg or Bremen. Being a uniform and medals addict, I routinely avoid the "family photo" type postcards so I have very, very few with wives in them. None of the wives of Oldenburg I'm afaid, just a few of Grand Duke Friedrich August.

Back