Very easy quiz

joerookery

Recently I have had a lot of questions through e-mail all about Uberzug. It may come as a surprise to some of you though I don't know why that it is possible that an Uberzug was added to a different helmet sometime after the war. Not all Uberzug found today are necessarily on the same helmet that they were originally on.

On a separate note here is an extremely easy quiz. These two gentlemen are from infantry regiments that did not exist prewar. The question is: what regiments are these two individuals from??? You will have to anticipate the prize! :cry: :eek: :-?

rjr249.jpg
jr246.jpg

Some folks might think that this quiz is below them......What do you think?

I agree with Mikey, so he must be wrong, RIR246 was part of Riserve Division 54, and exsisted as early as 1914 from 13 Corps from Württemburg, RIR249 was part of Reserve Divison 75 and also exsisted as early as 1914 and was from 14 Corps Baden
I am imagining my prize and it is good.
Best
Gus

I have been doing a little bit of work on the new divisions. Nobody else cares except for me but I am chasing down the doctrine rat. Now with only two participating I can announce the prize- a guaranteed interview with Lady Ga Ga or a suitable substitute of my choosing.

Unfortunately, no one won the prize. Both of you got the answer correct but you could not determine your left from your right. So you had the wrong regiment on the wrong side but of course the correct answer. The only point of interest is that the guy with 246 does not have the letter R. nonetheless there was no active regiment–determining who is on first base is never easy especially with those pesky Bavarians.

Hey Joe,
I was right, because I was going by Mikey's left and since he is on the otherside of the world, he is backward.
I will go for the suitable substitute of your choosing.
Gus

Back