W A R N I N G , WARNUNG !!!

gew98

Just to keep heads up on a scumbag whom is obviously watching this site looking for victims.
I just registered to this site after putting it off for some time - well don't you know a real eurobag by the name of PAWEL TOMEK emailed me with an offer to sell nice original pickelhauben. Good thing is this peice of sh*t had already been outed on some other collectors forums for his nefarious activities in ripping off and deceiving many collectors. So beware this polish crook is out 'here' and trolling. He must have figured I was easy bait as a newcomer to this site as a member - the sod was wrong baby !.

I have also received an email from this guy. I did not recognized the name. So I deleted it. Just because of all the scams that I have been getting lately. Including the phishing emails from scammers saying that they are from Ebay or Paypal. With a problem about my account. Into the trash folder, they go.
Cheers,
Cliff

Odd,
He did not offer m this helmet, but I have recieved many other offers from him, they all find the delete button bery easily.
Gus

Thanks to the replies that I got on the forum yesterday, I did not fall victim to this Polish thief. He knows about Paypal and thus must also cruise Ebay. So...the question you have to ask yourself is why would he not sell the helmet on Ebay instead of contacting individual collectors! Anyway, I did not have to learn an "expensive lesson" for once. The problem is, that I have 3 excellent helmets in my collection that were purchased from individuals who contacted my over the net. Two of these were from Canadians (Garde Off, Baden Dragoon Off) and the other from an American (Baden M95 OR). So...bottom line no deals from Poland! Brian

Brian: Poland is not the only problem area. These types of scams have also been reported as originating in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Russia and Ukraine to name but a few. Personally, I view any unsolicited offer received over the net as a probable fraud.

Reservist1

I've been contacted by this guy last week to offer a mod 15 helmet and some medals. I transfered the information to some of my friends because nothing about Uhlans. I really didn't know that it is a fraudulent sale, so I'll inform my friends about your warning.

This "Pawel" explained to me that his job is based on archives reasearch so as to discover some old ships wrecks under the water. We sent us together some emails about scuba diving and wrecks research and this guy seems to me very kind and honnest. He sent to me some of his official agrements from the UK ministeries. He said he's got these items not because he's a collector but because someone payed him for his research with a part of old militaria items.

Thanks for your warning! :-x

Maxime

Picklemax ; his whole 'honest guy' with documentation is all part of his shill. He's a scumbooger fraud of the highest order. Not an honest thing he can say - nor will say. When he finally got around to sending me one of his offerings - Hell I replied he was a crook and at best I could wish him a good arse farking sans lube. Oddly I got no reply from the maggot as obviously he's only interested in those that do not know his true character.

Yes I was able to inspect my pride in person when I bought it in Bavaria 2006. The internet just seems too dangerous to me for gambling! (Buying online)

Back