Waffenrock of Mecklenburgisches Grenadier-Regiment Nr.89

k bandow

I found this rare Waffenrock locally in the Milwaukee area. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it!

When I got the piece, it was missing the shoulder straps. I have since found two. Not perfect matches, but they will do for now until I can find a better one to match the one on the right.

I hope you all enjoy!

20221113_124304.jpg
20221113_124541.jpg
20221113_124429.jpg
20221113_124450.jpg
20221112_180229.jpg
20221113_124555.jpg

All good things come to the person who has the patience to wait for what they want. 😊 That is an amazing find!

Congrats on finding the boards! Weitze had a set not too long ago.

I had a chance to buy it a year ago when Jerry & Mark first bought it along with several other uniforms at their shop. I made an offer on it and waited approx 30 days before they came to a "team" decision on a price for it, and then I passed on it. Part of that time problem was due to Mark suffering from covid, and I believe he also sadly had a sibling die from covid during that time period, which was incredibly tragic.

Congrats on restoring it, as it looks great with the boards on it!

Best wishes,

Alan

Congrats on finding the boards! Weitze had a set not too long ago.

I had a chance to buy it a year ago when Jerry & Mark first bought it along with several other uniforms at their shop. I made an offer on it and waited approx 30 days before they came to a "team" decision on a price for it, and then I passed on it. Part of that time problem was due to Mark suffering from covid, and I believe he also sadly had a sibling die from covid during that time period, which was incredibly tragic.

Congrats on restoring it, as it looks great with the boards on it!

Best wishes,

Alan
I guess it was meant to be, Alan! I remember Jerry telling me about a year or so ago that they had gotten in some Imperial uniforms, but I hadn't gotten around to visiting them until recently. Their new shop is massive!! I ended up trading some items for it, so I was happy in the end.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Karl

Back