Wappen Nuts Sizes

Peter B

I know there are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

I should know this answer and would assume metric but are Pickelhaube Wappen nuts metric or imperial?

Thanks.

Peter

Looking back over some other past posts on this subject I think they can be Imperial OR Metric depending on manufacturer, some of mine are 3mm across the threads, some are 4mm, and the threads themselves seem to be what used to be called "Bicycle threads" - they look "rounded off" and very coarse, and I have discovered through a lot of fruitless internet searches it is now quite hard to find taps and dies to cut these threads. I am pretty certain that someone on the forum once found a supplier for these tools but don't remember who. I'm pretty sure it was a UK member. I would certainly like to make my own if anyone knows the detailed specs.

Last edited:
Ooh if anyone needs some nuts, can let me know as I have tonnes of them. They come in zinc and if u need them to be in brass color, let me know, I have the spray paint .

Regards
Amy

Ooh if anyone needs some nuts, can let me know as I have tonnes of them.
Amy to the rescue ! Again. Can I buy 14 nuts and 8 posts, all 3mm brass colour please Amy? Since I don't have the tools to make my own these are my best option for immediate repairs. I can do Paypal F&F pretty good these days!
Steve

Back