Washers

seagull

Seen a lot of spare parts for sale over the years but only one seller sometimes advertising the washers from behind the M91 posts (on eBay.Fr, won't sell to the UK and won't reply to messages !!?). The same applies to washers for wappen and spikes. Does anyone know of a source for these small, but necessary, parts that I don't know about ?
Steve

Very strange, but I had the same on eBay france, did send items to me, but not outside "Europe", which is strange, because the UK is still Europe.
Well, not part of the so-called union. But if I can help you out with this, send me a private message.

Regards, Coert.

Good guess Coert, I didn't want to point the finger at him especially - I suppose he has his reasons - would just like to know if these things can be bought, or is it acceptable to make your own? I am looking for washers with just one small hole for the locating tab and remember someone recently saying they made their own wappen washers out of tin cans - or something like that.
Steve
PS: that guy in France has some of the most obscure helmet fittings I have ever seen!

Washers can be made from antique tin pie plates or other period tinware. I also bought some suitable washers from Brafasco years ago.

Thanks Brian, I was sure I wasn't imagining that! I can do that for things like washers behind Wappen screws/spike screws, but I would have to use something more substantial for the M91 posts, with a larger central hole for the four-piece split tube and a single smaller hole for the locating tab - I would have expected doing this to draw criticism for non-originality?
Regards,
Steve

Thanks for that kind offer Kris, I have not been able to get out to any of our militaria shows since Covid but am hoping to make at least one this year where I can scour the dealers tables for ALL of the things on my growing shopping list! If I come up empty on these more special parts I may PM you - I would much rather pay extra for the real things than settle for something I made myself, that would always nag my conscience!
Best regards, Steve

Thanks for that kind offer Kris, I have not been able to get out to any of our militaria shows since Covid but am hoping to make at least one this year where I can scour the dealers tables for ALL of the things on my growing shopping list! If I come up empty on these more special parts I may PM you - I would much rather pay extra for the real things than settle for something I made myself, that would always nag my conscience!
Best regards, Steve
I have the washers for the sideposts

Let me know if you still need it.

Regards
Amy Bellars

Back