Weasel relatives

joerookery

All these pics are from my mothers side-all survived the war.This is my great grandfather Joannes Arnold-circa 1915. He is 40+ years old when this picture is taken-note camo cover on pickelhaube.
ggg.jpg

My Grandfather Frederick Schumacher (1898-1976)-circa 1917. Other pictures I have tell me he belonged to a machine-gun unit-note iron cross 2nd class ribbon bar.
gf.jpg
My great,great cousin Gottlieb Schumacher-circa 1916. Note luger,flashlight and camo cover on pickelhaube.
ggc.jpg

This was posted for King weasel. But it should interest the moderator of this forum that he has human relatives.

Great, King!
I love photos with history from behind.
Otto

PS. I think is a schnaps bottle, camoufled on a flashlight... :roll:

Can't say about Frederick, but young Gottlieb sure was a machine gunner. Are these the only relatives that served Weasel, or the only to survive? If the former, your mother came from a line of very lucky people.

Hey Keoki7,
I believe I had more relatives serve although I dont have pics of them right now-2 photo albums of pictures coming my way @ x-mas time-I remember seeing numerous machine gun units and artillery pics--Alan

Hi All,
King Weasel,
Great photos, keep em coming when you get more.
Joe,
As moderator, I must caution you against refering to other members relatives as weasels.
Otto,
"em" is slang for "them"
Gus

Back