Web essay on Preußen Pickelhaube Evolution 1842-1915

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
I was adding photos to my web essay on Preußen Pickelhaube Evolution 1842-1915 and realized that it needed to be re-worked. This is now completed and I have added a dedication that seems appropriate.

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pe/index.htm

If you see any errors, please let me know directly and I will fix them. :confused1: Tony

Hey Tony, yet another great chapter in the book you are writing, the only thing wrong with the essay that I can see is that it is not the introduction to your book.
Gus

Tony- Great stuff! I love it, I will have to read it over again!
Hey james, I already did, I got into a closed loop as the essay was so interesting that I kept clicking on the "next" button and read it a second tome.
Gus

Tony: Superb essay. I beleive there is a typo in the date cited in your discussion of the attaching method for the eagles on M1842 helmets.

Reservist1

reservist1 said:
I beleive there is a typo in the date cited in your discussion of the attaching method for the eagles on M1842 helmets.

Ha! Was there ever! #-o

"but this was changed in 1943 to two threaded bolts soldered..."

Changed to 1843. Thanx! I also added the dates the Garde and line Grenadiers adopted their new chickens on the M1887 page.

I do not think that there is a reference book as good as this! Great dedication, I think the Greeks called it arate' . Great job. You like the old stuff better than the new stuff.

Hi Tony,

Excellent job! Thats a great help to collectors, will read it again and again

Cheers,
Bambang

The new pages look fantastic T!! However, I think we all need to chip in and buy you an M42 just so you have a real example to show and not a period foto. I believe that you have all of the variations of hauben except the grand daddy of them all don't you?? One last thing...thanks for clarifying that FWR means Frederich Wilhelm Rex (KING). There is a great deal of confusion over that amongst civilians!! Most of the younger generation never took Latin like I did. Brian

Old thread, but it is raining this morning so I added photos of the M1842 to M1842 page on my Imperial German Pickelhaube Evolution 1842-1915 web reference. Useful to someone I hope.

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pe/

Still looking for an M57 and M87 for this web reference. And as mentioned above, I really need to find an Infantry M91 example. :sad7:

Back