West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show

Foxdoublegunner

Is anyone planning to attend the West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show this weekend? Since I have never attended this show, I am wondering what I should expect. From what I have read it is supposed to be the Western US equivalent of SoS. Is there a decent amount of WW1 militaria and should I expect the prices to be really out of whack?. If some members of the forum are planning to display some of their items, I would like to stop by.

Regards,
Foxdoublegunner

Foxdoublegunner said:
Is anyone planning to attend the West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show this weekend? Since I have never attended this show, I am wondering what I should expect. From what I have read it is supposed to be the Western US equivalent of SoS. Is there a decent amount of WW1 militaria and should I expect the prices to be really out of whack?. If some members of the forum are planning to display some of their items, I would like to stop by.

I went to the show two years ago. I think it is worth visiting and there is some WWI militaria, and there were even a couple of re-enactors in Ottoman uniforms.

Bob Chatt puts on a fine show and it grows a little bit every year. It is at the fairgrounds where the Great Western Gun Show was held in its heyday, before California banned such things. While it is the largest militaria show in the western part of the country it is nowhere near the size of SOS. It is still a solid show with plenty of things to see.

Foxdoublegunner said:

Regards,
Foxdoublegunner

I will try to make it tomorrow. I have never attended either.
Cheers, Bruno

Bruno,
Did you make it to the show yesterday? I was there from 1100 until after closing trying to make a decision on a 1914 EK1. There were a few there but most were either suspicious or pretty badly damaged. I finally settled on an example being sold by Gary Cain of Westwall Militaria. The crowd seemed to be a bit light for a Saturday and the prices seemed a bit high on a lot of items although as the day wore on the sellers were more open to offers.

Regards,
Foxdoublegunner

Back