What Do the Hohenzollerns Deserve?

Peter_Suciu

From the NY Review of Books:
https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2020/03/26/what-do-the-hohenzollerns-deserve/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Yet another example of revisionist History, trying to rewrite the past in order to suit the demands of a "disgraced family". The Soviets employed legions of Historians to rewrite human History so that it would prove/support the writings of Marx and their revolution. According to them, even cave people where the "victims of class struggle" complete BS". I really don't think the Hohenzollerns are that hard up, if they can pay for lawyers and three professional Historians to change History and make themselves look good. They are probably incorporated and can write off the expense! :) The human comedy continues.

I think they are not interested in rewriting history, but to show and advertise the actual stand of it and I understand the wish.
Wilhelm II. was everything other than perfect, but he was not the source of evil these Historians made him to. It’s not fair that they should accept the responsibility for the outbreak of ww1 but as soon as a research points in an other direction and shows that other countries also profited from a war and actively prepared one, it’s called historical revisionism

Back