Where is Chas's comment? What the HELL is going on here??

Gentlemen
I just happened to stumble on this whole thread today, and honestly, I had no idea that this happened. I am not taking a side either way, and hope no one thinks that I am. If I am taking a side, it is on the "pickelhaubes.com" side.

For the past 2 or so years, I have looked forward to logging in and learning a lot. I am enjoying my renewed interest in collecting Imperial German Militaria. I have also laughed ( if only in spirit) with many of you, and always looked forward to all the fantastic submissions from Tony and Chas, Gus, and from every one else. Most of these excellant treasures I would never get to see otherwise.

Joe, my hat is off to you sir, I salute you. I can see some merit to all sides of this discussion, but my 2 cents to this is that sometimes it is not most important in being right, sometimes it is more important to do what is best for the community (or forum).

I too hope Chas changes his mind, if not I will miss his input and wish him well. Before I forget, Chas and Joe, many thanks for the "T" shirt, Gus mailed it to me and it arrived today.
One last thing, you have to all admit that the most profoundly moving thing said in all of this was:

Rendsburg PS... in spite of this whole mess, I love you all.

Otto, I lift my glass to you! Prost!

Back