White stamp on Prussian Haube

oldrag71

I am looking for members to help out with something that has been bothering me for quite some time. Of all the pictures attached, the last one is my pickelhaube with the white stamp. I needed help identifying the pickelhaube and was told the white stamp may be a "theater company stamp." Not to discount anyone, but also someone that has to have definative proof and knowledge of something, I did some digging. The other seven photos all have the same white stamp in various stages of readability. ANYONE have infor on the stamp and what it says? ANYONE have a clear photo or have one on a helmet that you can send a photo of it?

I've got this much figured out....MAYEN is the word below the arch. I think the word/s in arch are something like, W - -N-HERAN - IN & SONS (or I could be way off on that).

Thank you!

s-l1600 (12)aaaaaaaa.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0264.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0264.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 9
  • v.jpg
    v.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 10
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ebay1.jpg
    ebay1.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600 (12).jpg
    s-l1600 (12).jpg
    168 KB · Views: 8
I think I have found what you are looking for. In Mayen there was a hat factory "W. HERTMANNI & SOHN" that was founded in 1867. There was also stated that some factories from „Mayen“ got orders from the “Heeresverwaltung“.
EA55E6CB-82B5-4701-9FB2-E76C480B5F2F.jpeg
Source: „Die Stadt Mayen im Wandel der Zeiten“, by J. Hilger, page 251 - (found on www.dilibri.de)

I do believe you got it!!!

Now...that opens up a new question. My helmet has the Hans Romer NEU-ULM STAMP (as well as many of the other helmets shown above had various stamps; not all Hans Romer)...who made the helmet? why the duel stamps?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0270.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0270.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 3
I could see companies with large government orders outsourcing certain parts of the manufacturing process. So helmet shells from Hans Romer etc.

Back