Who is Fritz Jürgens ???

PICKELMAX

Hi dear friends and fellow collectors,
Here you're the story of this picture. Somebody did recently contact me so as to get more informations about the brother of his greatgrandmother. He did believe that the guy on the picture was an Uhlan. But it's clearly not the case. I'm really not an expert on german uniforms except about the prussian Uhlans headgears.
So, friends and collectors, here you're the picture, the guy on is born in 1875 and his name is Fritz Jürgens and he's dead at the begining of the first world war, that is all that whe know. The questions are:
* which regt could it be?
* what is the rank of the guy (trooper, one year volunteer, ...)?
* what are the major details that you could note about this picture and this uniform?
Thanks for your help! :(

Maxime

Please, click on the picture for a better view.

Maxime

If he was born in 1875, I would presume this picture would date to 1893-1896 or so. He is definately an infantryman based on the Brandenberg cuffs. Although foot artillery also uses them, there are no cyphered Prussian foot artillery regiments and the base color on the straps would be white. He also appears to have a infantry M71 Seitengewehre. As far as the specific regiment(s) he could have been part of, I would believe he was a member of either GR10, FR86 or IR145, based on the cypered straps, parade bush and Prussian line eagle. If I had to guess, I would lean towards the first one (GR10) since the other two have yellow piping at the edge of the cuff which I can't see in the picture. The Haarbusch was authorized for GR10 in 1860 and both FR86 and IR145 were authorized the Haarbusch in October 1895.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Congratulations for this very clear, detailed, quick and kind answer, very nice work, thank you!

Maxime

GR 10 was a Silesean based unit . Dave is the color white for sure , and not yellow? my monitor ( hamster run is not so good) is not all that great.
Mark

Back