Windows Vista

Mike Huxley

Ohhhhh bugger .... my old puter burnt it's mother board and instead of trying to replace it I thought it wiser and possibly cheaper in the longrun to buy a new system.

That's when the problems started. My new Dell Dimension E521 came ready loaded with "Windows Vista", also with McAfee security centre.

Well ... I set everything up ... pluged in the dial-up connection and re registered with my old ISP .... expecting to wizz around my old web pages.

Ohhhhhh how wrong I was. I can connect to some sites but others will just not load, I can't even get into eBay.

I contacted Dell and we tried a few things without much success. They said they were still learning all the things about "Windows Vista" ..Huhhhh so am I.

Has anybody got any ideas about what could be wrong. I can log into most of the forum sites with no problems, but others will not load.

There is no parental controls set with McAfee so I ruled out that.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Please.

Mike

Sorry Mike, I will not be any halp., as I am still using a steam powered computer with window 1899.
Best wihse
Gus

Gustaf said:
Sorry Mike, I will not be any halp., as I am still using a steam powered computer with window 1899.
Best wihse
Gus

Problem solved ... a total conflict between Windows Vista security and the loaded McAfee security system. All is running OK now

Great to hear Mike,
I managed to get an upgrade for my computer, It now burns coal, and I no longer have to cut wood for it, it has made it possible to open a new page on the site in less than 20 minutes.
Gus

Back