World War I movie released in Europe.

joerookery

I wrote my oldest son, who is a movie god and asked them about this movie. His irreverent responses. [I left out the mushy stuff and his blatant requests for more money]

I'm sorry, but the correct greeting for the Movie God (note the capitalization, you maggot) is as follows:

"Oh, supreme cinematic diety, whose silver screen knowledge is second to none, I beg you to stomach my pitiful, "Billy Elliott" and "Charge of the Light Brigade"-loving existence."

"Joyeux Noel", or "Merry Christmas" to non-French-speaking heathens such as yourself, is being released currently in Europe, but shan't see an American release until sometime early next year, in all likelihood. If you recite your prayers, you might catch a glimpse of the trailer at http://www.cinemovies.fr/fiche_multimedia.php?IDfilm=7390. It is receiving generally positive reviews, with some going so far to enthusiastically exclaim that it will take its place alongside "It's a Wonderful Life" as a Holiday mainstay. Time will tell, of course, but wether or not the good Holiday feelings will be shared by all is up for debate. For, as of now, there is no discernable reaction from the 'haube community as to the correct historical depiction of 'haubes in this Holiday, brotherhood, sissy, and (let's face it) otherwise chick-flick context. Will the 'haubes be corrected portrayed? Will their emotions and motivations come to light? Or will it be revealed that they are, simply, headgear, no matter how ornate, and have no feelings?

Hmph. You're welcome.

Children...

Joe,
He talks to you that way with the same mouth that he request money? Sounds like he needs to be weened.
Zaphod

Hi Joe,

As the Brazilian poet Vinícius de Moraes (who wrote Girl of Ipanema with Antônio Carlos Jobim) said: " Children, best not to have them, but if we have not them, as we know them?" ( I don't know if the translation makes sense...)

If you need...

Otto

PS. but children are cool...

Back