Württemberg Pioneer 13th Pioneer, 119th or 123rd Grenadier Regiments Unteroffizier Eigenthum's Pickelhaube

Maple Creek

Württemberg Pioneer 13th Pioneer, 119th or 123rd Grenadier Regiments Unteroffizier Eigenthum's Pickelhaube: I bought this beautiful, private purchase pickelhaube last spring. The seller was not a collector and had bought the helmet from a family member of the original owner. It’s an out-of-the-woodwork piece with an unusual provenance. Here’s what the seller wrote to me:

The original owners name was Albert lllg (sic) and he was from/born in Bad Cannstadt, a city right next to Stuttgart. Could not get a birth date or death date. I have a sister that has a friend who lives in Germany that was going to research this for me since I was planning on keeping the helmet.

After the war this non-commissioned officer became a recluse and eventually mentally challenged, He was robbed of most of his belongings and when he died whatever he had left was sent to family in America, including the helmet. Remained in family till the old lady I met sold it on Craigslist. She said no one wanted something with the stigma of Hitler. Was also the case when I brought it home, not worth fighting over and hiding in a closet so now it goes to you

I have done nothing to try to polish, clean or alter the helmet in any way. It is absolutely complete with all original components and no extra wappen holes.

$1,495 + postage and insurance OBOWPR13_3QtrsL.jpgWPR13_Front.jpgWPR13_Right.jpgWPR13_CS Detail Close.jpgWPR13_Back.jpgWPR13_Liner1.jpgWPR13_Grenow 54.jpgWPR13_KokardeNC.jpgWPR13_KokardeW.jpg

Will you hold the helmet for me until tomorrow night Friday Nov 19 ?
I will pay you via Pay -Pal then your asking price and shipping
I will P M you
Thanks
Steve

Very nice indeed. I suspect that the spike is silver plated, due to that black oxidization, perhaps the rest of the fittings as well.

Back