Wurttemberg Ulan Officer's Ulanka

dave mosher

I know it's not pre-war or enlisted, but I'm hoping there is interest in this M-1910 officer's ulanka for this Oberleutnant from Ulanen-Regt. Konig Karl Nr. 19. Aside from the three Prussian guard ulan regiments, this is the only other ulan regiment allowed litzen. The buttons and the furniture on the tschapka were in German silver.

Dave

Here is a little closer look at the subdued officer's litzen. Notice the additional piping along the bottom edge of the cuff.

Hey Tony:

My bad!! I should have been a little clearer. I meant for "feldgrau", there no other uhlan regiments. Oddly enough, the three saxon ulan regiments (17,18,21) wore litzen on their pre-war ulankas, but were not authorized litzen for the feldgrau uniform...

Dave

dave mosher said:
I meant for "feldgrau", there no other uhlan regiments. Oddly enough, the three saxon ulan regiments (17,18,21) wore litzen on their pre-war ulankas, but were not authorized litzen for the feldgrau uniform...
Now ya see, I thought that was the case, but was just too lazy to get up and check a reference book. Sad huh? :pale: Again, what a beautiful Ulanka Dave!

Thanks, Tony. It would be interesting to find out why the saxon ulans discontinued their litzen, not only for the M-1910 uniforms but also for their future peacetime uniforms as well.

Back