What is it? Not my area of collecting.

Original & untouched? Price range?

Thanks a lot.

JC

Attachments

• Shako 3.JPG
    Shako 3.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,750
I have seen several of these and I have always been skeptical. I have never found any photographic evidence that these ever existed. For a long time I thought that they were Nazi Police issue with a Prussian Wappen attached.
Here is another:

https://www.antik-buchwald.de/index.php/exponate/helme-kopfbedeckungen/sachsen-tschako-mg-abteilung-8

I don't know if they are good or not, but I would certainly do my homework before I made a purchase.

John :?

I found three photos in three separate books showing the officers version of this helmet.
One in Sanders, Headdress of Imperial Germany 1880-1916 and one in
Stubbs, Imperial German Officer's Helmets and Head Dress 1871-1918.
There is another in Johansson, Pickelhauben on page 82, but this one has a leather chinstrap.
All are attributed to Machine Gun Battalions.

I searched every photo archive that I could find and never turned up a period photo of one of these.

Like I said, I don't know if these are good or not, but here is a place to start.

John :?

Hi Steve,
I think I've said it before, but I don't understand how an MG Tschako could have a Jäger Btl 7 Feldzeichen.
The machine guns were either in a separate unit, with their own uniform and the Tschakos that you show, or would be part of an infantry / Jäger unit and then wear the uniform and headgear of that unit.
Regards,
Lars

Hi Steve,
I think I've said it before, but I don't understand how an MG Tschako could have a Jäger Btl 7 Feldzeichen.
The machine guns were either in a separate unit, with their own uniform and the Tschakos that you show, or would be part of an infantry / Jäger unit and then wear the uniform and headgear of that unit.
Regards,
Lars
It is Kammer J B 7
Steve

It is Kammer J B 7
Steve
P S I have no doubts
It came from the most respected collection
that I know of or have ever seen .
It was a trade otherwise I could have never been able to get it
Money would not have bought it
I understand what you say