WW2 German Jaeger Leutnant jacket and Foresty Officer's great coat

Marcus

DSCN0467.JPGDSCN0471.JPGDSCN0472.JPGDSCN0473.JPGDSCN0474.JPGDSCN0480.JPGDSCN0475.JPGDSCN0482.JPGDSCN0488.JPGDSCN0491.JPGDSCN0493.JPGDSCN0497.JPG

Discussed here:

and here:

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/fo...jacket-observations-comments-opinions-invited

I've owned this jacket since 1971, and it is as I received it when it was given to me in Germany - nothing has been added or changed.

The Tank Destroyer Badge is a post-war reissue made by S&L, one of the companies who made replacement medals and badges for German WW2 vets to replace lost ones or ones with banned symbols. It was on the jacket when I received it, and I have left it alone.

The jacket is in good condition. It has a couple small mothing spots on the underside of the right shoulder board (I don't have photos of this yet) and a seam in the lining has come unstitched in the armpit area of the right sleeve, as shown in the photo.

Due to my pathetic little old and marginal camera, I apologize for the quality of the pictures, but they are the best I could get at the time with that camera.

It's not a very common item and "similar" items I've seen offered for sale have plus or minus factors that make it hard to base the value of my jacket on these others, and value estimates on it have quite a wide range, from $1,000 to $2,000. So I'll average the spread out, and put it at $1,500.

I'm selling this for 2 reasons.
The first is to raise badly needed funds for our 501(c)3 large and medium dog, and wolfdog, rescue.
The second is to ensure that this historical artifact will go to someone who will appreciate it and continue the care and protection of it which I have given it for the past 52 years, due to serious and declining health issues I am now facing.

If anyone is interested or wants more information please contact me directly by EMAIL at vonweigert(at)earthlink.net

U.S. Postal Money Order, or personal check or other money order are fine, but I am not able to take any form of electronic or online payment or cash app, such as Paypal, Venmo, etc.

$1,500 + shipping

Forestry Officer's Greatcoat

Both shoulder boards were in the inside pocket when I got this coat. It does not appear that the shoulder boards were ever attached, so this is probably an unissued item.

The button for the right shoulder board is missing - "At The Front" has some original German WW2 pebbled metal buttons for sale, if they have one the correct size, this might be a good option for replacing the missing button. Perhaps paint it to match the other, (Bakelite or celluloid?) buttons on the coat? Though I hesitate to dick around with anything original.

$250 + shipping

USPS Money Order, personal check, or other money order all work fine, but I am not able to take any electronic on-line payments like PayPal, Venmo, etc.

If it fits, shipping would be in the large rectangular USPS Priority Mail flat-rate box.

DSCN0690.JPGDSCN0694.JPGDSCN0695.JPGDSCN0697.JPGDSCN0698.JPGDSCN0699.JPGOvercoat 4.jpgOvercoat 5.jpg

Back