WWI IMPERIAL GERMAN MODEL 1915 ERSATZ PICKELHAUBE HELMET

gunnertwo

My first post.

Looking for a nice original WW1 example, this seems straight, opinions from the Forum?

Thanks,

G2

ebay item #

This is a beautiful piece for auction, I got one just like it. Unfortunately it is missing the leather portion of the liner. Still a great piece though, looks like the original paint and chemically darkened eagle and spike. Not sure about the chinstrap though...

If I didn't have one already I'd probably bid on it!

Welcome to the forum. I've also a representation in my collection. Are you going to stick around the forum? If so, welcome! (of course, I didn't check the 'hello' portion of the forum first before asking that.... )

:D Ron

Have been a "lurker" for many months. Lately I've been on a WW1 kick since it's the hundred anniversary of the conflict. My collection has focused on firearms and medals, I need a nice example of a spike (or ball) to complement the collection. The Pickelhaube is the iconic example of Germany in the first world war.

Thanks,

G2

A very nice example. I believe the strap to be a repro though. I posted pics of mine last month.

gunnertwo said:
I need a nice example of a spike (or ball) to complement the collection. The Pickelhaube is the iconic example of Germany in the first world war.

Drop me an email. I might be able to help you out. I have 120+ and am thinning down.Tony

Back