95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • CU-Right.jpg
    CU-Right.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 25
  • CU-Left.jpg
    CU-Left.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
The correct visor will be extremely difficult to find as it is one piece, meaning the trim is stamped into the front visor....
Indeed, and how about the special spike for this model?... Finding an original liner, made of thin light brown leather, would also be most challenging. In addition, there was on these models a thin felt lining between the leather and the metal shell.

About 3 years ago a green ersatz kurassier helmet was for sale on ebay....it had the shell and the front visor, but no rear neck guard.

It seems like whenever you need one thing, it always pops up at the wrong time...lol

Something is kind of off with the shell too, I thought the ersatz kurassier had the football base stamped directly into the shell? This one seems to be attached by pins.

Does the tail/rear neck guard have 8 JZP stamped into it?

I believe there is a shell with a front visor still attached on ebay right now that is missing the rear scales

Restoration Special, its a project for sure. Selling this item for $450
I noticed your helmet because I have a similar wreck, which is the same model, and in fact complementary of yours: the lobstertail is gone, but the visor (which is riveted to the shell) is still present. The liner is also there, albeit battered, and, more remarkable, the felt lining between leather and metal is also present (this is seldom seen, even in seemingly complete examples).

L1060203.JPGL1060198.JPGL1060200.JPGL1060193.JPG

I noticed your helmet because I have a similar wreck, which is the same model, and in fact complementary of yours: the lobstertail is gone, but the visor (which is riveted to the shell) is still present. The liner is also there, albeit battered, and, more remarkable, the felt lining between leather and metal is also present (this is seldom seen, even in seemingly complete examples).

View attachment 19975View attachment 19976View attachment 19977View attachment 19978
YES !!! I believe this was the one on Ebay a couple of years ago...the helmet was photographed on a red background and it had a brass eagle!!

Back