Yes I love ersatz pichelhaube.

Could you please share your source which details this information and Helmet? I'd be very thankful and also interested in seeing and reading it.

I may already have the book but just can't remember. Also, thanks for the link, I also read that Baruch was very involved in the Theater Thanks (y)
At the moment a don't know of any publication that has reviewed this manufacturer. My source is my own archive and the experience of more 40 years of active collecting.
Personally I could only see a few examples of this particular ersatz. All these aluminium and leather ersartzs wore the saxonian wappen. I believe that only the saxon Army has entrusted to the Hugo Baruch & Cie with an order for the supply of a modest quantity of ersatz helmet not for field use.
At last some years ago I had the opportunity to purchase an example in pristine conditions which shows all the acceptance and production marks.

It's the interior that immediately reveals that thi is not a common leather helmet. The aluminium shell isinternally painted in natural leather color which makes it very difficult to distinguish from the learher of the visor and neck-guard.
20231230_114636.jpg

Last edited:
This one is marked with:
178th saxonian infantry regiment
BA XII armee depot
1915 the year when was issued
Nich im kampf senden - do not use in field
And obviously the manufacturer stamp Hugo Baruch & Cie - Berlin
20231230_113927.jpg20231230_114653.jpg20231230_113910.jpg20231230_104810.jpg

Attachments

• 20231230_113910.jpg
    20231230_113910.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Zeb,

That is a real beauty, is that the one you had a chance to purchase?

Also, thanks to you and Clovis for bringing another manufacture and style of Helmet forth. It was something new to me (y)

Zeb,

That is a real beauty, is that the one you had a chance to purchase?

Also, thanks to you and Clovis for bringing another manufacture and style of Helmet forth. It was something new to me (y)
Many thanks. Yes, sure this is it.
Zeb

Here is a experimental bavarian alpine troops' helmet. We know only four lightly different examples in the world.
Thise particular headgears were never issued.View attachment 15258View attachment 15259View attachment 15260View attachment 15261View attachment 15262View attachment 15263View attachment 15264

Zeb, your ersatz collection is amazing!

Your Bavarian Alpine is especially breath-taking. I learned a lot from this short thread, and I look forward to your future additions. As a fellow ersatz fan, this thread is gold and I thank you for sharing!

Zeb,
I see you have not slowed down sharing one fantastic ersatz pickelhaube after another. Keep up the great hunting.
Best regards
John

Back