your opinion about an eventual purchase

PICKELMAX

Hi Friends,

May I ask you your opinion about this mod 1843/44 tschapka. The seller ask me about 1800 US Dolars for this helmet, is it a good price?

cb1b3aj.jpg

e51b6xq.jpg

0e1b1qa.jpg

df1b4vh.jpg

Thanks for your comments :lol:

Maxime

Bonjour Maxime,

Comment allez-vous si chanceux?

First, it is not an M1843/44, it is a M1862. The M1862 was lower than the earlier versions, and it had brass visor trim and screw posts. Earlier versions had no visor trim like a Tschako and extended posts. Normally there is leather or cord trim around the top, but this seems correct. Liner is correct for all issued Tschapka. Do have a close-up of the eagle Wappen? These are very unique, especially with the tail feathers, but this one appears to be a correct pre-1860 eagle Wappen. I used to have one and like an idiot, I traded it away. Feldzeichen is missing of course.

It would be for Ulanen-Regt. Kaiser Alexander II von Rußland (1.Brandenburgisches) Nr.3 or Lithauisches Ulanen-Regt. Nr.12.

Veuillez me dire si vous ne l'achetez pas? Bonne chance, Tony

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments! :) Tony, you're really our expert, I like your detailed explanations, c'est un plaisir de vous lire, merci. This deal seems to work in a good way and I hope I'll have this helmet for the begining of the new year. Keep the fingers crossed! :lol:

Maxime

Salut Max, bonne chance. Merde!
Otto

Alors Bruno, tu n'arrives pas à voir les photos? Si tu veux, je peux les envoyer par email.
Otto

Back