$3,100 ???

Auction panic can be a terrible thing... and so is the condition of that helmet for the money. The problem is that bidding like that can potentially ruin the market prices for us.

Ron

It depends on whether you are buying or selling that it ruins the market. I do not believe that anomolies really skew the market that much.
Best
Gus

Selling? I've only ever sold one spiked helmet... :D but I do see your point.

However, when a Stuart Tank sold on ebay for $200,000 it resulted in more 500% inflated vehicles for sale. So much for that hobby.

But I can remember when a Prussian Infantry helmet was $20 and a Kurassier helmet from the Brandenburg regiment was $50... not that I had the money in 3rd grade! (seems I'm always a day late and a dollar or a few thousand short)

:D Ron

Yes I agree with you, I was quite surprised, I bought 2 similar JzPf8 recently on ebay US and they sold for 1500-1800 if I remember well, and the second one was in a quite similar condition, maybe even a little better...
we'll see next time if this record means that a JzF is now worth that price (????)or if it was just an abnormal result :eek:
kind regards
Steve

Sorry, but that's way to much for a rusty dented JzPf helmet... but hey, that's just my opinion...

Adler

Yes that' too much ! Last week a saxon duchy JR 94 or 95 I don t remember which one, sold for 1700 euros ! It was missing chinstrap and coclkades ..... And the plate was broken, missing the globe :-( ....... Ansd finding another plate will be difficult, it'a. Fuerst !!!!!!!!

Back