Bavarian Generals tunic

Fantastic reference images Charles - thanks for sharing! And the Ratisbon’s tunic is certainly attractive.

Thanks, I'm fascinated with German Generals uniforms, WW1, WW2, and prior….

I think it was just 15 years ago that I learned about M15 and 16 pattern on greenand gray cloth respectively. Plus the fact Bavarians wore silver.

In 1994 at a show in St Lous Ron Manion tried like hell to get me to by a Bavarian general Friedensrock but I'd never seen one with the Bavarian Auszeichnungsborte and silver insignia. So, I passed and went for a complete W-M Pioneer Officers uniform even with Mantel. Live and learn.

Well, I typically don’t say a word till an items in my hand and I’ve started the examination process. So far, looking over the images provided, it looks to be the real deal.
Opinions welcome for sure…

Below are period shot of various generals
IMG_1672.jpegIMG_1673.jpegIMG_1674.jpegIMG_1675.jpegIMG_1677.jpegIMG_1678.jpeg

One posted years back by 03fahnen elsewhere when we were discussing imperial collar tabs.

King of Bulgaria in Bavarian GFM M16 bluse. His actual blue was offered for sale and I have no idea who ended up with it in their collection. Loops galore for badges.
These are the only photos of it.

IMG_1669.jpegIMG_1644.jpegIMG_1670.jpeg

Last edited:
Great examples of collar tabs, and the Ratisbon tunic looks pretty good!
Cheers,
Dennis

Reactions: ccj
Well, I typically don’t say a word till an items in my hand and I’ve started the examination process.

“The hen is the wisest of all the animal creation, because she never cackles until the egg is laid.”​

― Abraham Lincoln

Very sound way of thinking (y)

Also, waiting to the auction is over. again, very wise ;)(y)

Reactions: ccj
It went for 4,100 Euros.

Yes, many of us saw this.

Some other interesting hightlights:

BAVARIA - MERIT ORDER OF THE BAVARIAN CROWN GRAND COMMANDER SET SOLD RESULT € 9.600,00

or the BAVARIA - MERIT ORDER OF THE BAVARIAN CROWN GRAND COMMANDER CROSS BREAST STAR SOLD RESULT € 7.800,00

And did you see the WAFFEN-SS M38 CAMO SMOCK - PALM TREE that sold for € 10.250,00 (there are more of these that exist, as compared to the scarcity of the Imperial Bavarian General's tunic)

or the KNIGHT'S CROSS OF THE IRON CROSS, C.F. ZIMMERMANN L/52 WITH LDO BOX that sold for RESULT € 30.000,00

or the BOW EAGLE FOR EXPRESS LOCOMOTIVES that sold for RESULT € 76.000,00

Last edited:
“or the BOW EAGLE FOR EXPRESS LOCOMOTIVES that sold for RESULT € 76.000,00”

I need to look for this because I do not know what it is….

I never could understand how the SS stuff commands such high prices, especially the camouflage. I know it’s rare but….

Yes, many of us saw this.

Some other interesting hightlights:

BAVARIA - MERIT ORDER OF THE BAVARIAN CROWN GRAND COMMANDER SET SOLD RESULT € 9.600,00

or the BAVARIA - MERIT ORDER OF THE BAVARIAN CROWN GRAND COMMANDER CROSS BREAST STAR SOLD RESULT € 7.800,00

And did you see the WAFFEN-SS M38 CAMO SMOCK - PALM TREE that sold for € 10.250,00 (there are more of these that exist, as compared to the scarcity of the Imperial Bavarian General's tunic)

or the KNIGHT'S CROSS OF THE IRON CROSS, C.F. ZIMMERMANN L/52 WITH LDO BOX that sold for RESULT € 30.000,00

or the BOW EAGLE FOR EXPRESS LOCOMOTIVES that sold for RESULT € 76.000,00
Wow, I just looked up the eagl for the train to understand. That’s amazing to sell for such a high price but Im sure thats a rare item…

Must be nice to be rich…..

Another example of collar tab

IMG_1691.jpeg

Back