Hello from Germany

Hesi

My Name is Thomas and i´m from lower saxony in Germany
I´m collecting german Militaria for over 40 years and i think it is now the time to have a closer look to the good old Pickelhaube ..
Now i have got one and by my internet research if found this great forum.. no question.. i had to register here :D

Greetings from Lower Saxony
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to the forum!

My Schaefer ancestors are from Saxe-Weimar, the very small village of Weissenthal, just south of Eisenach. My Great-Grandfather George came to the U.S. in 1870.

I have been collecting for 38 or 39 years now, since I was in high school.

Best Regards,

Alan

Thank you Alan! Since 1870 is a long time.. My Roots are in Düsseldorf.. Far in the west of germany.. but i live for 35 years here in lower saxony.. 12 years military and than stucked here ....

Welcome here on the forum, whatever information you are looking for this is the right place👍

Jonas

Hallo Thomas,

I think you are meaning "Niedersachsen" with low Saxony, nicht wahr? :wink:

Welcome here!!! For my part, I am living in Schleswig-Holstein, near the danish border :wink:
What are you especially collecting?

Philippe
:wink:

Hello Philippe,
yes.. Niedersachsen.. Bremervörde :D

My main "collecting stream" is the SA and the Luftschutz... and i´m a Iron cross Messi :oops:

I looked a long time for a Pickelhaube because i love them much.. After getting my one now i´m sure that the "Kaiserzeit" will be a new part of my collection..
My Grandpa was in the great war a member of the Infanterie Regiment 16 (Freiherr von Sparr, 3. Westfälisches) and was wounded at Verdun... Maybe i will look for Items from this Regiment.... and for sure.. more Pickelhauben.. i think my next one will be a prussian..

Bremervörde is also in my range...I come from Bassum, 30km below Bremen :D
Once again, welcome on Board :wink:

Hi Sandy... i know Bassum... there was former a HAWK Unit... i think BOC/35... I served in the 36.. :-D
Thanks for your welcome, neighbour

Welcome on the forum, and greetings from the Netherlands!

You have got a great helmet there.

Back